Today we are very excited to welcome U.S. President Barack Obama and The White House to Spotify. The White House will be regularly curating playlists based on what the members of the West Wing are listening to. Follow them below to stay connected!
More from the White House below
Today, the White House launched an official channel on Spotify, a music streaming service, with two playlists hand-created by President Obama. The President will announce his playlists with a tweet from @POTUS today. You will be able to listen to his daytime and evening playlist here.
Over the years, the White House has continued to grow its social media presences and find new ways to connect with people all over the country through a range of platforms. On Spotify, you can expect to see the White House share playlists created by administration officials, as well as playlists curated around events and issues to engage the public and acquaint them with the people working in the administration.
Full blog post from WhiteHouse.Gov
Spotify is pleased to partner with Nike+ Running on its newest app update, designed to help runners enhance their running experience.
More details from Nike here.
Below is the full blog post, originally published by Nike
When it comes to running, music is motivation – just ask the earbud-wearing athletes pounding sidewalks, tracks, treadmills and tree-lined trails. Likewise, an ever-growing body of research has confirmed music’s performance-enhancing effects: it can reduce a runner’s perception of exertion and fatigue as well as increase happiness and excitement.
Nike+ Running’s newest app update, developed in partnership with Spotify, integrates these findings and builds upon the success of the Nike+ Run Club playlists already on Spotify by enhancing runners’ overall in-run music experience. Notably, the update introduces Nike exclusive Pace Stations, which invite users to input their pace goal and musical preference. This data then informs a target BPM (beats per minute), which in turn creates a personalized 100-song playlist designed to push the runner’s pace. The first-of-its-kind instructive experience then guides runners to their goals when they step in-beat to the prescribed songs.
“Since our launch as the original running app in 2006, music has always been core to the Nike+ Running experience” said Adam Roth, Nike VP, Global Running Brand Marketing. “Our partnership with Spotify takes that experience to a new level, leveraging personalized music as motivational fuel every run, for every runner.”
The update, which debuts July 20, allows users to stream Spotify’s 30-million-song catalog directly from the Nike+ Running app.
Spotify music is also an integral part of the Nike “Find Your Fast”challenge this summer. An eight-week program developed by expert Nike+ Run Club coaches, the challenge includes workouts, tunes and expert tips to help all runners, whether they are completing their first mile or realizing a personal best.
Nike and Spotify are combining forces to create the ultimate motivating experience for runners,” said Erin Clift, VP Consumer and Partner Marketing, Spotify. “Nike+ runners now have access to millions of tracks through Spotify to help them achieve their personal goals and find their fast this summer.”
To celebrate the IOS only premium Spotify experience of Nike+ Running Pace Station integration, Spotify is offering Nike+ users a seven-day free premium trial with no credit card. Individuals who choose to enter a credit card can receive an additional 60-day trial.
- Spotify Now Compatible with New Ford SYNC 3 Communications and Entertainment System
What’s a drive without Music? Yes, you’ll still get where you’re going, but will you truly enjoy the ride — we think not.
To give drivers a more complete music experience in the car, Spotify has extended its partnership with Ford, to enable Spotify users (Free and Premium) with SYNC 3-equipped cars to control Spotify from the driver’s seat with several new enhanced features for iOS and Android.
Spotify, one of the first apps to integrate with AppLink, is the only on-demand music service available on the all-new SYNC 3 communications and entertainment system, first launching on 2016 models of the Ford Escape and Fiesta this summer, and expanding to all Ford vehicles by the end of next year. This makes it easier than ever for Ford drivers to access Spotify and hit the road with a brand new interface designed for the car.
In addition to all the great Spotify AppLink integration found in Ford cars since 2013, this latest and greatest version, SYNC 3, for 2016 Ford Escape and Fiestas this summer, includes the following new features for iOS and Android users:
- SYNC 3 includes a rich color touchscreen display for large cover art, plus Browse, Your music, Search, your playlists and all the other music and podcasts from your Spotify apps.
- Drivers can now speak to choose playlists synced across any device, toggle shuffle on and off, save tracks to their music collection, and more, all hands-free.
- Faster, more responsive, and easier to use via voice and dashboard controls.
For more information, click here.
Just over a month ago we launched our exclusive music experience on PlayStation, making it easier than ever to soundtrack your gaming sessions with music. And today we’re thrilled to let you know that the partnership has already resulted in more than 5 million downloads since launch – making it the quickest launch adoption rate in PlayStation history.
But when it comes to big numbers, that’s not all. Since launch in March, you’ve streamed over 785 million tracks on your PlayStation 4 consoles. That’s more than 42 million hours of listening to your favourite tunes whilst playing your favourite games.
We’re also excited to let you know that PlayStation Music will be arriving in Costa Rica, Panama and Ecuador this summer – and rolling out to even more markets before the end of 2015.
Ever wonder what you’d be jammin’ out to if you were born during a different decade? Now you can find out!
Go back in time with our Taste Rewind and explore the tunes you would have had on repeat throughout the 00s, 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s based on your musical taste. A throwback playlist for each decade will help you discover the sound of a different era, or re-live some questionable hairstyles :)
Fancy some musical time travel? Give it a spin here!
What a difference a year makes! At the end of May 2014, we reached 10 million paying subscribers and 40 million active users. Today, we have reached more than 20 million subscribers and more than 75 million active users. 10 million subscribers in our first five and a half years – and another 10 million subscribers in just a single year! That’s an average of one new subscriber every three seconds over the last year. Wow. And, more people listening on Spotify means more payouts to the creators of the music you love. As we grow, the amount of royalties we pay out to artists, songwriters and rights holders continues to climb faster than ever. We have now paid more than $3 billion USD in royalties, including more than $300 million in the first three months of 2015 alone. That’s good for music, good for music fans … and good for music makers. Take a look at what it means for four different types of artists. The blue columns show average actual payouts over the last 12 months, which started with 10 million subscribers; the green columns show our projected average payouts over the next 12 months, starting from our new baseline of 20 million paying subscribers.
Here’s how we did it.
We could have never achieved this growth without all of you: the music fans who listen, discover, share and celebrate music and artists every day. Thank you, 20 million X. 20 Million Reasons To Say Thanks
In many parts of the world, it’s Wedding Season! So if you’re still thinking about that perfect song for your first moments’ as a married couple, Spotify can help! Today, Spotify revealed that multi-award winning singer-songwriter John Legend’s ballad All of Me is the top choice for tying the knot around the globe. Mellow-rocker Jason Mraz is the world’s favorite artist for matrimonial music, with two of his tracks featuring in the global top 20 list.
Spotify analyzed over 400,000 wedding themed playlists worldwide, also identifying Bruno Mars’ Marry You, Ed Sheeran’s Thinking Out Loud and even Robin Thicke’s Blurred Lines as among the most popular wedding music.
Analysis of ‘First Dance’ playlists revealed that British crooner Ed Sheeran is the most popular artist globally for the all-important first dance, with his tracks Tenerife Sea and Thinking Out Loud featuring in the top 5, Jason Mraz, Etta James and Elvis Presley are also favorites.
Angela Watts, VP, Global Communications at Spotify, commented: ‘Weddings are one of the most popular life events we see playlists created for on Spotify. Not only does music have the power to tell the story of a couple’s relationship, it also – very importantly – encourages guests to get onto the dancefloor and strut their stuff’.
Wedding planner Mindy Weiss, whose clients include Channing Tatum, Gwen Stefani, Heidi Klum and Ellen DeGeneres, commented: ‘The music is always a very big priority for all my clients when we’re planning their wedding. They choose the soundtrack based on personal moments they’ve shared together, keeping in mind what their guests will like, as well as make sure there is a good mix of golden oldies and modern hits to keep people on the dance floor all night long.’
Today we’re thrilled to let you know that Spotify will be coming to Android Wear.
With Spotify on your wrist, you’ll be able to seamlessly browse and play music on the go – without ever having to pick up your phone. Navigate through Your Music and play the music you like, or Browse to discover something new.
Spotify will be rolling out gradually to Android Wear users throughout June.
We are on a mission. With over 25 billion listening hours under the hood since our launch seven years ago, we’re obsessed with figuring out how to bring music into every part of your life, wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, whatever your mood. More than ever, you’re telling us what you want: the best music to fit your mood and moment mixed with great entertainment throughout your day. We understand that how music fits into your life is as powerful as the music itself. So today we’re rolling out a richer mobile music experience built around your day, bringing you the music you love when you need it most. Introducing:
- The Now start page. From the time you wake up until tonight’s party, the Now start page serves you the right music day and night. Need a Monday morning playlist pick-me-up? Done. The right tunes to help you focus after lunch? We’ve got you covered. And because Now learns what you like, you’ll be sure to hear the right music – selected from our in-house experts and your personal collection – whatever the occasion. Recommendations will adapt over time to fit your taste and mood.
- Spotify Running. Every week millions of you lace up and hit the road to Spotify. Music is the perfect running companion but sometimes you need even more motivation to push on. That’s why Spotify Running is all about helping you go the extra mile.We’ve combined the best music on the planet – recommendations based on your listening history, multiple-genre playlists and original running compositions written by some of the world’s foremost DJs and composers – all tuned to your tempo and seamlessly transitioned to ensure you’ll never miss a beat. Start running and Spotify will detect your tempo, matching the perfect music in time to your step – making you a harder, better, faster, stronger runner.
- And that’s not all: this Summer we’re teaming up with Nike to bring new music experiences to their audiences around the globe. And later this year, you’ll be able to access the new Spotify Running experience through the Nike+ app. We’re also integrating the RunKeeper app with Spotify Running later this year.
On top of our improved music experience, we’re also introducing an expanded world of entertainment built around you:
- More Than Music. For the first time, Spotify is adding video clips and audio shows to the music mix. We know there are times in the day you want to switch between music to catch up on the latest news, listen to your favourite podcast or simply watch something fun. And with a stellar range of entertainment to choose from there’s something for everyone. Spotify will suggest video and audio shows for you to watch and learn what you love.
- Spotify Originals. We’re also serving up an exciting slate of original content to entertain your day. Check out our Running Originals – music specifically designed for running that dynamically adapts to your running tempo. A total of six original tracks, all found within Spotify Running, are available at launch. We’re also introducing a range of exclusive content, from Dance Move of the Day produced by Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls brand, to specially curated radio shows presented by artists including Icona Pop, Jungle and Tyler the Creator.
- Spotify now comes packed with entertainment, news and clips from the likes of ABC, BBC, Comedy Central, Condé Nast Entertainment, ESPN, Fusion, Maker Studios, NBC, TED and Vice News, with much more to come (see Notes to Editors for full entertainment roster).
We’re so excited to bring you a deeper, richer, more immersive Spotify experience. We want Spotify to help soundtrack your life by offering an even wider world of entertainment with an awesome mix of the best music, podcasts and video delivered to you throughout your day. And we’re just getting started. The new Now experience will begin rolling out today to iPhone users in the US, UK, Germany and Sweden – with more markets and platforms to follow in the near future. Spotify Running will start rolling out to iPhone users globally today. That’s entertainment.
Music and coffee, the perfect combination. We are very excited to announce that we will be the lead music partner for Starbucks. This new partnership will link its seven thousand company-operated stores in the U.S. and 10 Million My Starbucks Rewards loyalty members with Spotify’s more than 60 Million global users to offer a first-of-its-kind music ecosystem.
Read our full press release here: