- Spotify Now Compatible with New Ford SYNC 3 Communications and Entertainment System
What’s a drive without Music? Yes, you’ll still get where you’re going, but will you truly enjoy the ride — we think not.
To give drivers a more complete music experience in the car, Spotify has extended its partnership with Ford, to enable Spotify users (Free and Premium) with SYNC 3-equipped cars to control Spotify from the driver’s seat with several new enhanced features for iOS and Android.
Spotify, one of the first apps to integrate with AppLink, is the only on-demand music service available on the all-new SYNC 3 communications and entertainment system, first launching on 2016 models of the Ford Escape and Fiesta this summer, and expanding to all Ford vehicles by the end of next year. This makes it easier than ever for Ford drivers to access Spotify and hit the road with a brand new interface designed for the car.
In addition to all the great Spotify AppLink integration found in Ford cars since 2013, this latest and greatest version, SYNC 3, for 2016 Ford Escape and Fiestas this summer, includes the following new features for iOS and Android users:
- SYNC 3 includes a rich color touchscreen display for large cover art, plus Browse, Your music, Search, your playlists and all the other music and podcasts from your Spotify apps.
- Drivers can now speak to choose playlists synced across any device, toggle shuffle on and off, save tracks to their music collection, and more, all hands-free.
- Faster, more responsive, and easier to use via voice and dashboard controls.
For more information, click here.
Just over a month ago we launched our exclusive music experience on PlayStation, making it easier than ever to soundtrack your gaming sessions with music. And today we’re thrilled to let you know that the partnership has already resulted in more than 5 million downloads since launch – making it the quickest launch adoption rate in PlayStation history.
But when it comes to big numbers, that’s not all. Since launch in March, you’ve streamed over 785 million tracks on your PlayStation 4 consoles. That’s more than 42 million hours of listening to your favourite tunes whilst playing your favourite games.
We’re also excited to let you know that PlayStation Music will be arriving in Costa Rica, Panama and Ecuador this summer – and rolling out to even more markets before the end of 2015.
What a difference a year makes! At the end of May 2014, we reached 10 million paying subscribers and 40 million active users. Today, we have reached more than 20 million subscribers and more than 75 million active users. 10 million subscribers in our first five and a half years – and another 10 million subscribers in just a single year! That’s an average of one new subscriber every three seconds over the last year. Wow. And, more people listening on Spotify means more payouts to the creators of the music you love. As we grow, the amount of royalties we pay out to artists, songwriters and rights holders continues to climb faster than ever. We have now paid more than $3 billion USD in royalties, including more than $300 million in the first three months of 2015 alone. That’s good for music, good for music fans … and good for music makers. Take a look at what it means for four different types of artists. The blue columns show average actual payouts over the last 12 months, which started with 10 million subscribers; the green columns show our projected average payouts over the next 12 months, starting from our new baseline of 20 million paying subscribers.
Here’s how we did it.
We could have never achieved this growth without all of you: the music fans who listen, discover, share and celebrate music and artists every day. Thank you, 20 million X. 20 Million Reasons To Say Thanks
Today we’re thrilled to let you know that Spotify will be coming to Android Wear.
With Spotify on your wrist, you’ll be able to seamlessly browse and play music on the go – without ever having to pick up your phone. Navigate through Your Music and play the music you like, or Browse to discover something new.
Spotify will be rolling out gradually to Android Wear users throughout June.
Today, Spotify and Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI) will launch an exclusive music experience, making it easier than ever for gamers to enjoy their favorite tracks whilst playing their favorite games.
That’s right, the best in music is playing co-op with the best in gaming. So whether you’re diving off Parisian rooftops, battling the evil of Crota or playing Barcelona at the Camp Nou, you’re in charge of the soundtrack.
Soundtrack your game
- With background listening on your PlayStation®4 (PS4™ system), you can soundtrack your gaming sessions with your favorite tracks (not available on PlayStation™Now or using Remote Play). You might die a few times at the hands (or claws) of memorably terrifying monsters in the critically-acclaimed action RPG Bloodborne™, so why not do it to the music of your choice? Upbeat pop, thumping hip-hop, soothing classical…with over 30 million tracks, we’ve got you covered either way.
- Enjoy all your favorite tunes on-demand. Pick one of your favorites from Your Music or Browse to find the perfect playlist for every mood and moment. We’ve even got a set of new gaming playlists for you.
No need to pause
- Spotify Connect* lets you skip tracks or turn up the music using your mobile device or tablet, without ever having to interrupt your gaming experience.
We know music has always been a big part of gaming and are excited to take the experience to a whole new level. With today’s launch, we’re bringing back that magic of gaming with music – all in a beautifully designed and smooth experience that looks great on your big screen.
We have worked closely with Sony Network Entertainment to build an entirely new music experience which doesn’t just sound awesome, but also looks great on your TV and handles smoothly using the DUALSHOCK® wireless controller. On your PS4™ system, simply hit the PS button to access Spotify from the main menu, or hold it down to enter the quick menu, letting you pause, skip, and turn up the volume whilst playing select games – without ever missing a beat.
Spotify on PlayStation™ Music will roll out to your PS43™ and PS43™ systems console today and will also be available on Xperia™** smartphones and tablets.
Ready to play? Get started at www.spotify.com/playstation.
* Spotify Free and Premium users can use Spotify Connect to control the Spotify app on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 using Android devices 2.4.0 and later and iOS devices 2.7.0 and later.
** Download or update the Spotify app using Google Play.
Today we’re launching a desktop update with new features and improvements. First of all, we’re making lyrics a seamless part of the Spotify experience on desktop. Powered by Musixmatch, the world’s largest lyrics catalogue, the ability to sing along to your favourite tunes is just a click away.
Simply fire up any song on our desktop app and hit the new Lyrics button. You can also search and browse popular lyrics from Spotify’s top songs using the Explore feature.
We’re not just making your next sing-along better though. Here are a couple of other new features we’ve been working on:
– New and improved Friend Feed: now it’s easier than ever to discover what the people you care about are listening to. Simply scroll down the sidebar to see what playlists, songs and artists your friends are enjoying.
– Introducing daily viral charts: serving you the most shared tracks around the world and in your region. Additionally, all charts now feature indicators to highlight new music and how tracks are performing day by day.
These updates will roll out gradually to all desktop users over the coming weeks.
Want to record your best moments of 2015? Now when you Shazam the tunes you love, we’ll automatically put them in a playlist for you (Spotify Premium subscribers only).
Get set up with these steps:
- Get the latest Shazam app
- Go to My Shazam and open Settings (top right)
- Select “Connect to Spotify” and follow the instructions
We’ll create a “My Shazam Tracks” playlist in your Spotify account, and all your current and future Shazams will appear there automatically.
Ever find yourself endlessly browsing through playlist after playlist, looking for the perfect music? “Teen Party” or “Party Hits”… how do you decide without listening?
Well, good news. Now, with Touch Preview, you can quickly get a sneak peek of any playlist, song, album or artist before you hit play. Just hold down your finger to the screen – you’ll instantly hear the music start.
And you can now save tunes you like to Your Music with one quick left-swipe. Building your collection of favourite songs has never been easier or faster.
It means less time looking for the perfect music, and more time actually listening to it.
Oh look, here’s a nice video we made.
Both Touch Preview and our new swipe gestures are available to iOS users from today, and will soon be rolled out across other platforms.
Today we’re bringing Windows Phone users the best-looking Spotify ever. With a darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
We also know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re bringing Your Music to Windows Phone: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
We’re also bringing you our updated Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever.
Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out to all Windows Phone 8 users starting today.