Today, Spotify and Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI) will launch an exclusive music experience, making it easier than ever for gamers to enjoy their favorite tracks whilst playing their favorite games.
That’s right, the best in music is playing co-op with the best in gaming. So whether you’re diving off Parisian rooftops, battling the evil of Crota or playing Barcelona at the Camp Nou, you’re in charge of the soundtrack.
Soundtrack your game
- With background listening on your PlayStation®4 (PS4™ system), you can soundtrack your gaming sessions with your favorite tracks (not available on PlayStation™Now or using Remote Play). You might die a few times at the hands (or claws) of memorably terrifying monsters in the critically-acclaimed action RPG Bloodborne™, so why not do it to the music of your choice? Upbeat pop, thumping hip-hop, soothing classical…with over 30 million tracks, we’ve got you covered either way.
- Enjoy all your favorite tunes on-demand. Pick one of your favorites from Your Music or Browse to find the perfect playlist for every mood and moment. We’ve even got a set of new gaming playlists for you.
No need to pause
- Spotify Connect* lets you skip tracks or turn up the music using your mobile device or tablet, without ever having to interrupt your gaming experience.
We know music has always been a big part of gaming and are excited to take the experience to a whole new level. With today’s launch, we’re bringing back that magic of gaming with music – all in a beautifully designed and smooth experience that looks great on your big screen.
We have worked closely with Sony Network Entertainment to build an entirely new music experience which doesn’t just sound awesome, but also looks great on your TV and handles smoothly using the DUALSHOCK® wireless controller. On your PS4™ system, simply hit the PS button to access Spotify from the main menu, or hold it down to enter the quick menu, letting you pause, skip, and turn up the volume whilst playing select games – without ever missing a beat.
Spotify on PlayStation™ Music will roll out to your PS43™ and PS43™ systems console today and will also be available on Xperia™** smartphones and tablets.
Ready to play? Get started at www.spotify.com/playstation.
* Spotify Free and Premium users can use Spotify Connect to control the Spotify app on PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 using Android devices 2.4.0 and later and iOS devices 2.7.0 and later.
** Download or update the Spotify app using Google Play.
Want to record your best moments of 2015? Now when you Shazam the tunes you love, we’ll automatically put them in a playlist for you (Spotify Premium subscribers only).
Get set up with these steps:
- Get the latest Shazam app
- Go to My Shazam and open Settings (top right)
- Select “Connect to Spotify” and follow the instructions
We’ll create a “My Shazam Tracks” playlist in your Spotify account, and all your current and future Shazams will appear there automatically.
Ever find yourself endlessly browsing through playlist after playlist, looking for the perfect music? “Teen Party” or “Party Hits”… how do you decide without listening?
Well, good news. Now, with Touch Preview, you can quickly get a sneak peek of any playlist, song, album or artist before you hit play. Just hold down your finger to the screen – you’ll instantly hear the music start.
And you can now save tunes you like to Your Music with one quick left-swipe. Building your collection of favourite songs has never been easier or faster.
It means less time looking for the perfect music, and more time actually listening to it.
Oh look, here’s a nice video we made.
Both Touch Preview and our new swipe gestures are available to iOS users from today, and will soon be rolled out across other platforms.
Today we’re bringing Windows Phone users the best-looking Spotify ever. With a darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
We also know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re bringing Your Music to Windows Phone: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
We’re also bringing you our updated Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever.
Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out to all Windows Phone 8 users starting today.
Your house party is amazing. People are dancing, hanging out and the vibe is perfect. Suddenly, the music stops. Just like that. Silence. Your DJ friend, the one who “promised” to take care of the music, has been lured off to other adventures. That’s when our friends at Pacemaker will be there to save the day.
Today Pacemaker are happy to launch Autopilot, an automatic DJ feature that mixes music for you. The perfect way to stop worrying about the music. Simply tap one button and watch a gorgeous interface unfold.
These are some of Autopilot’s characteristics:
● Your own intelligent DJ. Pick your favourite tracks or playlists and Autopilot will arrange and mix them based on the unique characters of each song.
● Skip a track! Skip on! Skip again! Autopilot quickly mixes the next track without having to wait for it to load. No more awkward silence.
● Not sure what to play? Pacemaker’s suggestion engine Match Machine scans through your playlists and millions of Spotify tracks to help Autopilot™ find the perfect tunes.
Pacemaker with Autopilot is available on iPad from today. Party on!
We already bring you the right music for every moment on your computer, your mobile, your tablet and your home entertainment system. And now BMW and MINI are bringing Spotify into their cars, delivering the perfect music for every journey.
Starting today, Spotify users on iOS can enjoy a seamless music experience while driving a BMW or MINI. Features include:
• Access your own music and playlists or use features like Radio and Browse to find the perfect music for every mood and moment
• Enjoy an intuitive viewing experience on the car’s high-resolution Control Display
• Comfortable and safe to use with the iDrive Controller
• Spotify Premium subscribers can enjoy extra high quality on-demand music (320kbps) that sounds great on the car’s audio system – as well as ad-free and offline listening.
Simply connect your iOS device with Spotify installed and logged in, then select Spotify from your Multimedia menu . It’s all effortlessly controlled using the high-resolution display and BMW or MINI controller. Enjoy your ride!
Spotify will work on all BMW cars equipped with the BMW Apps feature as part of ConnectDrive as well as on MINI’s equipped with MINI Connected Apps.
Big news everyone! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Uber to let you choose the soundtrack for your ride.
When you request a car, you’ll be able to choose the music you want to hear on the journey. When your ride arrives, it’ll be your tunes on the car’s speakers.
So how does it work?
- Connect your Spotify account from the Uber Profile screen or sign up.
- Request a ride in the Uber app. If you get matched with a music-enabled Uber, the music bar will appear at the bottom of the Uber app.
- Tap the music bar and select music from our ready-made playlist, your playlists or search for something new.
- If you want you can wirelessly control the music from either the Uber or Spotify apps until you arrive at your destination.
- Sit back and enjoy the soundtrack to your ride.
The new Uber and Spotify integration, available to all Uber and Spotify Premium users on iOS and Android (with a limited feature set), starts rolling out on Friday, Nov. 21 in our 10 launch cities. The integration will continue to roll out globally over the coming weeks.
To kick off our exciting new partnership, Spotify and Uber are giving fans a chance to connect with some of their favourite artists in 10 global launch cities:
- Participating artists include: Andrew W.K., The Sam Willows, Ximena Sariñana, Ansiktet, Professor Green, Diplo, Matt and Kim, Ricki Lee, Kevin Drew and Jake Owen.
- 10 global launch cities include: London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney and Toronto.
These special events for Uber and Spotify users – including artist ride-alongs and exclusive live sessions in five of the 10 cities – will take place on Friday, November 21. Stay tuned for additional details.
Today we’re bringing the best looking version of Spotify to iPad. The same dark theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography that you love on iPhone and computer is now available on iPad. Playing your favourite music never looked so good.
We’re not only improving our looks though. From your feedback we know that tablets are one of the most popular platforms when it comes to discovering, curating and saving music. And we know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re bringing Your Music to iPad: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to.
So now, you can easily build your collection while lying on the couch with your iPad, take it on the go on your phone, and access it on your computer when you get to work.
And it all looks amazing.
The new Spotify for iPad starts rolling out today and can be downloaded through the App Store.
Welcome to the dark side.
With Bose’s SoundTouch Wireless Multi-room speakers and Spotify Connect, you can now enjoy your music wirelessly across multiple rooms of your home.
With Spotify Connect built in, you can stream your favourite music and playlists directly from Spotify. Hit play on your mobile or tablet, and the music booms out in any room of your home. You can even play through multiple speakers at the same time.
Spotify Connect is a Premium feature. Like to test-drive a Premium account? Get a 30-day free trial.
We’re all about bringing more music to more people. And we’re doing just that by bringing the best free music experience to Windows Phone users across the globe.
From today, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.
Updated for Windows Phone users today – Spotify’s free mobile experience lets you shuffle play:
- All of the music. Listen to all the playlists you’ve created and playlists from the people you follow. Spotify lets you discover new music, save, shuffle and share.
- Your favourite artists. Want to listen to a certain artist? Just hit shuffle play, sit back and listen to their entire catalogue. Don’t settle for something similar. Don’t settle for just one track from the artist you want to hear every 20 minutes.
- Want the right playlist? Just Browse. Going for a jog or to the gym? We’ve got the playlist to help you go the extra mile. Hosting a dinner or getting ready for a big night out? We’ve got you covered. We even have playlists for different moods, so regardless of whether you need an upbeat boost or something more relaxing to wind down to – we’ve got just the thing.
We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.
Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.