Spotify Neverending 80’s Contest on Facebook®
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING
- 1. Eligibility: Open and offered only to legal residents of the U.S. residents currently residing in one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia, who are currently twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of their participation and entry. Employees and non-employee workers of Spotify USA, Inc., (“Sponsor”), Arrowhead Promotion & Fulfillment Co., Inc (“Administrator”) and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion or production agencies, and their immediate family members or individuals residing in their same household, are not eligible to participate or enter. Void where prohibited.
- 2. Sponsor: Spotify USA, Inc., 620 Avenue of the Americas, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10011.
- 3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- 4. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on May 9, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 16, 2016 (“Contest Period”).
- 5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, to enter, visit Spotify’s page on Facebook during the Contest Period at http://www.facebook.com/SpotifyUSA (“Website”), find the post “Neverending 80’s” and write a short comment/story in two-hundred (200) words or less about what your favorite 80’s track is, why you enjoy that track, and why you want to share your favorite track with others. Upon leaving your comment, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest. All comments must be made by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on May 16, 2016 to be entered into the Contest. Limit: One (1) comment/entry per person/email address. Anyone attempting to get more than one (1) entry may be disqualified from the entire Contest at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any other means which subvert the entry process are void. A Facebook account is required to enter this Contest and is available for free at http://facebook.com. Administrator’s clock will be the official timekeeper for the Contest.
This Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook. By entering, you are providing the information to Sponsor, and not to Facebook.
- 6. Judging Criteria: The Judging from among all eligible comments/entries received will be conducted on or about May 18, 2016 by an independent judging organization to select ten (10) potential Grand Prize winners using the following judging criteria and percentages: adherence to the theme (33.3%), writing ability/ability to convey emotion (33.3%), creativity/uniqueness (33.4%). The ten (10) comments/entries with the highest percentage from among all eligible entries/comments will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winners. In the event of a tie, the comment/entry with the highest score in the creativity/uniqueness category will be deemed the winner from among all tying comments/entries. Each potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by Administrator via entrants email/phone contact information. Potential Grand Prize winners will be required to reply to the winner notification within three (3) business days from initial attempt. Failure to respond to the winner notification within three (3) business days may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be awarded the prize at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential Grand Prize winners may also be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) and any other documents required by Sponsor, which must be returned within five (5) business days of date of issuance. Failure to return the signed required documents within the specified time period, or noncompliance with these Official Rules, will result in forfeiture of the Grand Prize and an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for messages that are undeliverable or not received by potential Grand Prize winner. Sponsor reserves the right to select fewer than ten (10) Grand Prizes in the event not enough qualified entries are received during the Contest Period.
- 7. Prizes & Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”): Ten (10) Grand Prizes – Bose Headphones and one (1) 1-year Spotify premium code(s), ARV: $295.00 each. Total ARV of all prizes is $2,950. Prizes are awarded “as is” without any warranty or guarantee, either express or implied, by Sponsor. Winners may not substitute, assign or transfer prize, or redeem prize for cash, but the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with one of comparable or greater value. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided. Prize consists of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- 9. Release and Limits of Liability: Entrants, by participating in this Contest, hereby waive and release, and agree to hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, Facebook, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, licensors, advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective officers, directors, employees and representatives and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Contest or use of the prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries or emails; (e) late, lost, delayed, stolen, misdirected, garbled, incomplete, inaccurate or undeliverable entries or emails; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest, or receipt or use of the prize, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Except where prohibited by law, by accepting the prize, winner agrees that Sponsor, Administrator and their related and affiliated companies may use the winner’s name, address (city, state), photograph, videotape, likeness, and/or prize information for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes and to the use of statements made by or attributed to winner relating to Sponsor, Administrator and their related and affiliated companies or to this Contest and grants to Sponsor, Administrator and their related and affiliated companies any and all rights to said use without further notice, review and/or compensation to entrant or any third party except where prohibited by law.
- 10. Disputes: Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or its associated winner selection and/or notification (the “Contest Administration”) shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the State of New York; and (b) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Contest Administration, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
- 11. Winners’ List: For the name of the Grand Prize winners or a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://www.facebook.com/SpotifyUSA. The winner’s list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.