This year, Spotify will host its biggest and best-ever Spotify House, transforming 1501 E 6th St into an immersive, interactive journey of discovery at the fifth-annual Spotify House at SXSW from March 14-18.
The Spotify House will be the go-to destination for 45+ must-see performances across two stages by artists including CHVRCHES, Kacey Musgraves and Miguel. Performances from Spotify’s Spotlight artists including Jack Garratt, Kacy Hill, D.R.A.M., Tory Lanez, BADBADNOTGOOD, Joseph, Lucie Silvas, Maren Morris, LANco, Allan Rayman, and Will Joseph Cook. Latin superstars Jesse & Joy will perform their first-ever set in English and comedian Hannibal Buress will be hosting March 14th and 15th. Check out the full daily lineup here.
Spotify introduces a SXSW-themed playlist generator featuring all artists performing at SXSW. You can receive a custom playlist of the artists at SXSW based on your taste profile and listening habits. Get your personalized SXSW playlist spotify.com/sxsw.
Here’s what to expect at this year’s Spotify House:
- Daily SoulCycle Rides: Guests can rev up their mornings with SoulCycle’s signature cardio party, fitness experience featuring live sets from some of today’s most compelling DJs, Chromeo, AlunaGeorge and Neon Indian complete with an immersive, 360 projection mapping experience.
- Chromecast Audio Porch: Guests can see a mix of exclusive live shows and intimate music acts on The Porch, demo the latest Spotify feature in the Chromecast Audio Soundbooth and play DJ by using the Jukebox.
- Playstation™Music Arcade: Guests can experience the latest PlayStation®4 games including Street Fighter® V and the upcoming MLB® The Show™ 2016 in a classic arcade environment. Go head-to-head against your friends while listening to your favorite playlist on Spotify, available on PlayStation Music for PS4.
- Syfy: On Thursday, March 17, guests at The Spotify House can participate in an innovative experience that immerses them in Syfy’s new show, Hunters, and lets them explore Spotify’s unique role in the series.
- Musical Map: NYC-based artist Shantell Martin will create a beautiful mural inspired by everynoise.com, an intricate music-genre map, designed to bring Spotify’s rich data to life for attendees.
Spotify has teamed up with car2go
During SXSW look out for Austin’s 350-strong car2go fleet which will feature custom wraps promoting The Spotify House. You’ll find car2gos throughout the SXSW area, making it easy to zip around town. There is dedicated on-street parking around the city, and car2gos can be dropped off at 4 valet Drop Zones located in prime spots for maximum SXSW enjoyment.
Spotify To Help Build Recording Studio for Local Austin School
After The Spotify House wraps, materials from The Spotify House will be recycled to build a recording studio for students of Kealing Middle School in Austin. In partnership with DPR Construction, MINDPOP, Acoustic Spaces, and Rebuilding Together Austin, Spotify will help expand the music production class where children from a wide range of backgrounds come together to create, explore and work together.
For additional information about The Spotify House, RSVP now. You can also follow Spotify on social media for more details, including Snapchat (USERNAME: SPOTIFY), @Spotify on twitter for general information and @SXSPOTIFY for the latest news on the ground in Austin.