Easily the most requested feature for our iPhone app since it launched last September has been the ability to listen to music while surfing the web, using Facebook, etc. Up until now this hasn’t been possible but with Apple’s release of iOS 4 you’re able to use multiple apps at the same time, including Spotify.
Along with this great feature we managed to squeeze in a few more nice additions into this update, the full release contains:
- iOS 4 multitasking! Play Spotify tracks while doing other things with your phone. NOTE: Only iPhone 3Gs, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch (3rd generation) support multitasking.
- Use the headset remote and lockscreen buttons to control Spotify playback
- “What’s new” tab has been added showing you newly released albums, the top 100 tracks in your country, and the social feed
- Share tracks and albums to your Spotify friends!
- Battery consumption is improved when the app is in the foreground or paused.