It feels like NERVO is on top of the world. Or maybe that’s just the effect of their huge, new House anthem (aptly called “It Feels”). The Australian duo, made up of sisters Mim and Liv Nervo, just released the track for an exclusive two week pre-stream on Spotify.
We asked the endlessly busy group to sit down and respond to our pressing questions about their life, such as, “What’s it like DJing next to your sister every night for the past decade?” They were kind enough to give us some answers…
Liv: Mostly it’s nothing but positivity and having good time. Though sometimes, it can get a bit sticky. We have slight arguments about what to play next, but we pretty much love it… We usually plan the beginning and the end of every set, then in the middle we just play whatever the crowd is vibing to the most!
What differences do the two of you have, in terms of musical taste?
Liv: We both generally like and can see the beauty in most music, from a range of genres. Though Mim might bring me something from the deep house world, that I love and have never heard, or vice versa. Mim tends to lean towards the deep house world, while I like more of the tech house grooves.
Check out NERVO’s brand new single, exclusively here on Spotify:
Want to record your best moments of 2015? Now when you Shazam the tunes you love, we’ll automatically put them in a playlist for you (Spotify Premium subscribers only).
Get set up with these steps:
- Get the latest Shazam app
- Go to My Shazam and open Settings (top right)
- Select “Connect to Spotify” and follow the instructions
We’ll create a “My Shazam Tracks” playlist in your Spotify account, and all your current and future Shazams will appear there automatically.
It’s a great day for gamers and music lovers! We are super excited to announce that Spotify is coming soon to PlayStation®.
Sign up here to be the first to check out Spotify on PlayStation®.
This week sees the launch of Smirnoff’s partnership with Spotify, launching the the Filtered Playlists website, providing exclusive content to Spotify users.
Filtered Playlists provide music tailored specifically to your personal taste and listening behaviour.
On top of that, each week will feature exclusive interviews and playlists from some of the most critically acclaimed electronic record labels and producers around. This week kicks off with the founders of MTA records, Chase and Status, and their revered DJ, Ben Pearce!
We will also be giving away 150 12-month Spotify premium memberships, so get ready for some awesome new music every week. Check it out here.
Determined to keep those New Year resolutions? We’ve got you covered!
We teamed up with fitness pro and creator of INSANITY, Shaun T, alongside global expert on music for exercise, Dr. Costas Karageorghis, to predict the hottest fitness trends for 2015 – and the perfect soundtrack to get the most out of each and every workout.
According to Shaun T, 2015 is all about efficient workout programmes that incorporate HIIT training. “Ain’t nobody got time for hours in the gym, nor do they need to. Short, intense workouts such as INSANITY and Tabata style training will dominate.”
Check out his top 5 fitness trends for the year along with the perfect playlist to boost your workout:
INSANITY is an intense, boot camp-type workout designed to push its devotees to their mental and physical limits.
Tabata is a high-intensity, interval-based workout with 20-second periods of all-out effort punctuated by 10-second recovery periods.
The imperative for a Cardio Dance playlist is that it sticks to a strong and steady rhythmic flow.
Gymnastics Strength Training
Gymnastics strength training draws upon gymnasts’ common training methods into a workout that’s accessible to everyone.
CrossFit is a workout ‘melting pot’ that blends elements of powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, gymnastics and athletics.
If you’re already flagging, you’ve now got the motivation to stick to your New Year fitness regime – listen to the complete Ultimate Workout Playlist for 2015 on Spotify here!
It’s time to reflect on another amazing year in music with our Year in Music — our annual round up of what our 50 million users have listened to this year.
Join us at spotify.com/2014 as we look back at the key musical milestones of the year and reveal the most streamed artists, tracks, albums, bands, as well as a host of interesting musical facts from 2014.
Not only will you be able to find out more about the biggest global and national music trends of 2014, but you can also create your very own personal Year in Music. We invite you to answer that age old question; “What Kind of Music Are you Into” by exploring your top genres, your favourite artist by season, most musical day of the week, and more.
What soundtracked your year? Discover the 2014 Year in Music here!
The world’s biggest industrial metal band has landed!
Today we welcome Berlin’s mighty Rammstein to Spotify with six exclusive and brilliant albums. So, to get us all in the mood, here are 15 facts you really ought to know about this outrageous rock band.
- Rammstein emerged from East Germany’s renegade D.I.Y. punk scene.
- They’re named after the German word for “battering ram” and a town infamous as the location for a 1988 air-show tragedy where 80 people were killed.
- They once proclaimed, “All we want to do is entertain. With flamethrowers.”
- During live versions of “Bück Dich” (“Bend down”) singer Till Lindemann would drop his trousers to reveal a huge dildo through which he would then spray white liquid over the front rows.
- They are as brilliantly, uniquely German as Kraftwerk, Neu! and Einstürzende Neubauten.
- Rammstein’s debut CD single, “Du Riechst So Gut” (“You smell so good”) first appeared in as a perfumed digipak.
- Tickets sold out in only thirty minutes for Rammstein’s legendary performance at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- Lindemann’s other most famous on-stage prop was his 140 pound metal coat that was covered in flammable paste and set on fire.
- World-renowned director David Lynch put two Rammstein songs in his film Lost Highway.
- They are the only German-speaking band to ever crack the US market.
- The song “Mein Teil” (“My Part”) was inspired by the case of a German cannibal who posted an ad asking for a volunteer to be killed and eaten.
- Rammstein was nominated for Best Metal Performance at the Grammy Awards in 1999 and 2006.
- The former head of their record label described them as, “theatre for the millennium generation: metallic-techno posing with bizarre sado-masochistic elements…”
- Fittingly, the band’s motto is, “Do your own thing – and overdo it!”
- Keyboardist “Flake” once said, “We like audiences to grapple with our music”, so what are you waiting for?
Start with the very best of Rammstein here.
On Monday we revealed how you can now choose the music when you ride with Uber.
Tomorrow, fans in London will have the chance to be driven to a secret location to see an exclusive live session with Professor Green. Yes, you read that right!
New to Uber? Get your first ride free (up to £10.00) at uber.com/spotify
So how do you take part?
1. Open up the Uber app at 18.00 on Friday November 21st.
2. Link your Spotify account.
3. Request the special car.
4. If you’re lucky, you’ll be picked up and taken to the secret location. Shh.
Want to get a jump on the action? Connect your Spotify account to Uber right now.
To round out the month of Rocktober, Spotify Landmark – our series documenting music’s greatest moments in the words of those who made them – sets its sights on one of rock’s defining albums, Led Zeppelin’s “IV.” We bring you the “aural history” of the album in newly recorded interviews with the legendary band’s surviving members: guitarist and producer Jimmy Page; bassist, keyboardist and multi-instrumentalist John Paul Jones; and singer/lyricist Robert Plant.
Led Zeppelin recounts the story behind “IV,” and sheds light on their on-going re-issue campaign, which features each of their original studio releases re-mastered and packed full with never-before-heard companion audio.
It’s all here, only on Spotify Landmark.
We’re excited to share our partnership with both Jack Daniel’s and NME. Jack Rocks The Macbeth is a series of gigs, intimate sessions and interviews with a wealth of bands and artists at the legendary Macbeth venue in Hoxton, East London.
Already a month through and we have had some exciting shows from the likes of La Roux, Young Guns, Hannah Peel, Vance Joy and Kele. You can check performances out on www.nme.com/jackrocks and read the interviews on the news section of Browse.
We have a jam packed schedule and coming up next is Liverpool based independent label Skeleton Key Records, run by The Coral. They have assembled three of their favourite artists for a special one-off night. Tickets are still available, grab them while they’re hot!