Last week we told you that we’d submitted a new version of our iPhone app to Apple for approval. The approval process has been super quick and today we’re happy to announce that the update is now available in the app store.
What’s new in this version:
- Last.fm scrobbling.
- The ability to open and play Spotify links e.g. straight from your Facebook app or browser.
- Save time and space by using tracks already stored on your iPod in your playlists – there’s no need to sync those track anymore.
- Save and find your favourite tracks and albums with the Starred playlist and Star buttons (also coming to the desktop version soon!).
- Support for listening at 96 kb/s for more efficient streaming on slow connections.
- Spotify remembers when you were when you quit and starts up at the same location.
- The ability to sync your purchased Spotify tracks over Wifi.
- A new look for albums and playlists.
- The ability to set playlist as collaborative or not.
- The ability to search in playlists.
- The ability to create a new playlist from the Add to Playlist view.
- Playlists named “-” show up as separators.
- Album reviews added to album view.
- Volume slider uses system volume.
- Volume normalization option added
Note: The ability to sync purchased tracks to your iPhone will be available in the next update of the Spotify desktop client. This will enable users who have purchased high-quality tracks to transfer and use those higher bitrate tracks rather than stream the song from Spotify.
If you experience any issues with the new version please do let us know and we’ll try and address them as quickly as possible. Enjoy!