Ever since the launch of Google Home, users have been able to simply say “Ok Google, Play Spotify” and interact with the Spotify service entirely hands free.
Today, we’re excited to announce that the convenience of controlling Spotify through Google Assistant is coming to millions of Android users globally. Both Free and Premium users are now able to use their voice to control Spotify across Google Assistant-supported devices.
We’re thrilled to continue to work with Google to help fill all of our users’ lives with music, whenever and wherever they are.
If you’re just getting started with Spotify on your Google Assistant on your mobile, here are a few tips:
- Link your Spotify account and set Spotify as your default music service
- Ask your Google Assistant to play music! Here are a few sample voice commands to get you started:
- “Ok Google, play Spotify”
- “Ok Google, play Discover Weekly”
- “Ok Google, play Today’s Top Hits on my Chromecast”
Full support for Spotify on Google Assistant will be rolled out in the coming weeks.
For more information, please click here.