Want to record your best moments of 2015? Now when you Shazam the tunes you love, we’ll automatically put them in a playlist for you (Spotify Premium subscribers only).
Get set up with these steps:
- Get the latest Shazam app
- Go to My Shazam and open Settings (top right)
- Select “Connect to Spotify” and follow the instructions
We’ll create a “My Shazam Tracks” playlist in your Spotify account, and all your current and future Shazams will appear there automatically.
Ever find yourself endlessly browsing through playlist after playlist, looking for the perfect music? “Teen Party” or “Party Hits”… how do you decide without listening?
Well, good news. Now, with Touch Preview, you can quickly get a sneak peek of any playlist, song, album or artist before you hit play. Just hold down your finger to the screen – you’ll instantly hear the music start.
And you can now save tunes you like to Your Music with one quick left-swipe. Building your collection of favourite songs has never been easier or faster.
It means less time looking for the perfect music, and more time actually listening to it.
Oh look, here’s a nice video we made.
Both Touch Preview and our new swipe gestures are available to iOS users from today, and will soon be rolled out across other platforms.
Today we’re bringing Windows Phone users the best-looking Spotify ever. With a darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
We also know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re bringing Your Music to Windows Phone: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
We’re also bringing you our updated Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever.
Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out to all Windows Phone 8 users starting today.
Your house party is amazing. People are dancing, hanging out and the vibe is perfect. Suddenly, the music stops. Just like that. Silence. Your DJ friend, the one who “promised” to take care of the music, has been lured off to other adventures. That’s when our friends at Pacemaker will be there to save the day.
Today Pacemaker are happy to launch Autopilot, an automatic DJ feature that mixes music for you. The perfect way to stop worrying about the music. Simply tap one button and watch a gorgeous interface unfold.
These are some of Autopilot’s characteristics:
● Your own intelligent DJ. Pick your favourite tracks or playlists and Autopilot will arrange and mix them based on the unique characters of each song.
● Skip a track! Skip on! Skip again! Autopilot quickly mixes the next track without having to wait for it to load. No more awkward silence.
● Not sure what to play? Pacemaker’s suggestion engine Match Machine scans through your playlists and millions of Spotify tracks to help Autopilot™ find the perfect tunes.
Pacemaker with Autopilot is available on iPad from today. Party on!
We already bring you the right music for every moment on your computer, your mobile, your tablet and your home entertainment system. And now BMW and MINI are bringing Spotify into their cars, delivering the perfect music for every journey.
Starting today, Spotify users on iOS can enjoy a seamless music experience while driving a BMW or MINI. Features include:
• Access your own music and playlists or use features like Radio and Browse to find the perfect music for every mood and moment
• Enjoy an intuitive viewing experience on the car’s high-resolution Control Display
• Comfortable and safe to use with the iDrive Controller
• Spotify Premium subscribers can enjoy extra high quality on-demand music (320kbps) that sounds great on the car’s audio system – as well as ad-free and offline listening.
Simply connect your iOS device with Spotify installed and logged in, then select Spotify from your Multimedia menu . It’s all effortlessly controlled using the high-resolution display and BMW or MINI controller. Enjoy your ride!
Spotify will work on all BMW cars equipped with the BMW Apps feature as part of ConnectDrive as well as on MINI’s equipped with MINI Connected Apps.
Big news everyone! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Uber to let you choose the soundtrack for your ride.
When you request a car, you’ll be able to choose the music you want to hear on the journey. When your ride arrives, it’ll be your tunes on the car’s speakers.
So how does it work?
- Connect your Spotify account from the Uber Profile screen or sign up.
- Request a ride in the Uber app. If you get matched with a music-enabled Uber, the music bar will appear at the bottom of the Uber app.
- Tap the music bar and select music from our ready-made playlist, your playlists or search for something new.
- If you want you can wirelessly control the music from either the Uber or Spotify apps until you arrive at your destination.
- Sit back and enjoy the soundtrack to your ride.
The new Uber and Spotify integration, available to all Uber and Spotify Premium users on iOS and Android (with a limited feature set), starts rolling out on Friday, Nov. 21 in our 10 launch cities. The integration will continue to roll out globally over the coming weeks.
To kick off our exciting new partnership, Spotify and Uber are giving fans a chance to connect with some of their favourite artists in 10 global launch cities:
- Participating artists include: Andrew W.K., The Sam Willows, Ximena Sariñana, Ansiktet, Professor Green, Diplo, Matt and Kim, Ricki Lee, Kevin Drew and Jake Owen.
- 10 global launch cities include: London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney and Toronto.
These special events for Uber and Spotify users – including artist ride-alongs and exclusive live sessions in five of the 10 cities – will take place on Friday, November 21. Stay tuned for additional details.
Vi vet att surfplattor snabbt blivit den nya enheten för att lyssna på musik i hemmet. Därför är vi glada över att kunna lansera vår nya design på iPad, med ett helt nytt grafiskt tema, uppdaterad typografi och ett rundare gränssnitt. Din favoritmusik har aldrig sett bättre ut.
Men vi förbättrar mer än bara designen. Vår data visar tydligt att surfplattor är en av de mest populära enheterna när det kommer till att upptäcka, kurera och spara musik. Som svar på våra användares efterfrågan om fler sätt att organisera er musik, lanserar vi idag även Din Musik till iPad. Din Musik hjälper dig att organisera och utforska din favoritmusik på ditt sätt.
Allt på en plats, på alla plattformar. Att skapa din personliga musikkollektion blev precis mycket enklare.
- Musiken står I centrum. Vår nya design ser både bättre ut på en större skärm och gör det enklare än någonsin att hitta din favoritmusik. Det nya temat och förbättrade gränssnittet framhäver innehållet och låter det stå i centrum.
- Det är Din Musik. Spara album och utforska deras fantastiska omslag, samla dina favoritartister och skapa spellistor. Hittat en ny favorit? Tryck bara på ”spara” och lägg till den i din kollektion. Enklare blir det inte.
- Olika format. Samma snygga design. Oavsett om du organiserar dina spellistor hemma i soffan, lyssnar på bussen eller försöker få arbetsdagen att gå snabbare, så kan du nu njuta av din favoritmusik med samma snygga design.
Det nya Spotify för iPad börjar rullas ut idag och kan laddas ner via App Store.
With Bose’s SoundTouch Wireless Multi-room speakers and Spotify Connect, you can now enjoy your music wirelessly across multiple rooms of your home.
With Spotify Connect built in, you can stream your favourite music and playlists directly from Spotify. Hit play on your mobile or tablet, and the music booms out in any room of your home. You can even play through multiple speakers at the same time.
Spotify Connect is a Premium feature. Like to test-drive a Premium account? Get a 30-day free trial.
We’re all about bringing more music to more people. And we’re doing just that by bringing the best free music experience to Windows Phone users across the globe.
From today, Windows Phone owners can enjoy access to millions of songs across their smartphones for free. Listen to all your playlists, discover new music, or simply sit back and dig into your favourite artist’s entire back catalogue.
Updated for Windows Phone users today – Spotify’s free mobile experience lets you shuffle play:
- All of the music. Listen to all the playlists you’ve created and playlists from the people you follow. Spotify lets you discover new music, save, shuffle and share.
- Your favourite artists. Want to listen to a certain artist? Just hit shuffle play, sit back and listen to their entire catalogue. Don’t settle for something similar. Don’t settle for just one track from the artist you want to hear every 20 minutes.
- Want the right playlist? Just Browse. Going for a jog or to the gym? We’ve got the playlist to help you go the extra mile. Hosting a dinner or getting ready for a big night out? We’ve got you covered. We even have playlists for different moods, so regardless of whether you need an upbeat boost or something more relaxing to wind down to – we’ve got just the thing.
We’re also introducing a series of additional improvements throughout the app. Search results look better than ever before, and we’ve made it easier to browse the artists you love and discover related artists you might grow to love.
Spotify is available to Windows Phone 8 and 8.1 users right now, and can be downloaded in the Windows Phone Store.
Developers, start your engines. We’ve launched a new version of the Spotify Web API that lets you put everything from album art to music previews into third-party web apps, with a brand new ability to create real Spotify playlists for your users.
Developers, marketers, ad agencies, music hacking gurus, product managers, design firms, and anyone else who wants to build a Spotify web app to further their goals now have a great new tool at their disposal, with more multimedia and baked-in smarts than ever before.
The new web API gives you the power to create powerful music apps on top of Spotify, except instead of founding the company and growing it for eight years, you get to jump right in and start building stuff on day one using our music and metadata, now with the ability to create playlists.
You also get the deep musical intelligence of The Echo Nest. We’ve been hard at work integrating the two APIs so that you can make awesome stuff like this. Your apps can build real Spotify playlists for your users, leveraging all of that Echo Nest data, and all without leaving the experience you’ve designed.
New features include:
- Rich Metadata. The new web API lets you retrieve extensive track, album and artist details from the Spotify catalog, including cover art and 30 second track previews.
- User Profiles & Playlists. With a user’s permission, developers can now access user profile information including playlists, display name, image, country, email, external URL, and subscriber status. Web apps powered by this new API can also build new playlists for users to enjoy later, in their Spotify apps.
- The Echo Nest: Integrated. We’ve been hard at work with new family members, The Echo Nest, to bring the two APIs together. The result: You can build your projects atop the world’s best music service and the world’s best discovery data.
For more information, click here.