It’s here. Spotify for Android is getting a complete overhaul and we wanted you to get a special preview. Here’s what’s coming:
- Totally new app with full support for Android 4.0
- Top-to-bottom redesign
- All-new slide-out navigation
- Even more social – check out friends’ profile pages and playlists on the go
- Artist imagery in high resolution
- Related artist view – available for the first time on mobile
- ‘Extreme’ sound quality setting for 320kbps listening
- So much faster!
That’s not the end of it. We’re working hard on adding further features, including folders and Last FM scrobbling, before the app goes live in Google Play.
In order to get your hands on the all-new Android preview, firstly set your phone to allow installation from ‘Unknown Sources’ by going to the Settings > Applications > Unknown sources menu. Once that’s done, click on the button below on your phone to get the update.
As with all Spotify Mobile apps, you’ll need a Premium subscription to get your music on the move. Head over here to sign up for our 30-day Spotify Premium trial.
Your feedback as ever is really important to us. Please let us know what you think by visiting The Spotify Community.