- Spotify Now Compatible with New Ford SYNC 3 Communications and Entertainment System
What’s a drive without Music? Yes, you’ll still get where you’re going, but will you truly enjoy the ride — we think not.
To give drivers a more complete music experience in the car, Spotify has extended its partnership with Ford, to enable Spotify users (Free and Premium) with SYNC 3-equipped cars to control Spotify from the driver’s seat with several new enhanced features for iOS and Android.
Spotify, one of the first apps to integrate with AppLink, is the only on-demand music service available on the all-new SYNC 3 communications and entertainment system, first launching on 2016 models of the Ford Escape and Fiesta this summer, and expanding to all Ford vehicles by the end of next year. This makes it easier than ever for Ford drivers to access Spotify and hit the road with a brand new interface designed for the car.
In addition to all the great Spotify AppLink integration found in Ford cars since 2013, this latest and greatest version, SYNC 3, for 2016 Ford Escape and Fiestas this summer, includes the following new features for iOS and Android users:
- SYNC 3 includes a rich color touchscreen display for large cover art, plus Browse, Your music, Search, your playlists and all the other music and podcasts from your Spotify apps.
- Drivers can now speak to choose playlists synced across any device, toggle shuffle on and off, save tracks to their music collection, and more, all hands-free.
- Faster, more responsive, and easier to use via voice and dashboard controls.
For more information, click here.
Ever wonder what you’d be jammin’ out to if you were born during a different decade? Now you can find out!
Go back in time with our Taste Rewind and explore the tunes you would have had on repeat throughout the 00s, 90s, 80s, 70s and 60s based on your musical taste. A throwback playlist for each decade will help you discover the sound of a different era, or re-live some questionable hairstyles :)
Fancy some musical time travel? Give it a spin here!
What a difference a year makes! At the end of May 2014, we reached 10 million paying subscribers and 40 million active users. Today, we have reached more than 20 million subscribers and more than 75 million active users. 10 million subscribers in our first five and a half years – and another 10 million subscribers in just a single year! That’s an average of one new subscriber every three seconds over the last year. Wow. And, more people listening on Spotify means more payouts to the creators of the music you love. As we grow, the amount of royalties we pay out to artists, songwriters and rights holders continues to climb faster than ever. We have now paid more than $3 billion USD in royalties, including more than $300 million in the first three months of 2015 alone. That’s good for music, good for music fans … and good for music makers. Take a look at what it means for four different types of artists. The blue columns show average actual payouts over the last 12 months, which started with 10 million subscribers; the green columns show our projected average payouts over the next 12 months, starting from our new baseline of 20 million paying subscribers.
Here’s how we did it.
We could have never achieved this growth without all of you: the music fans who listen, discover, share and celebrate music and artists every day. Thank you, 20 million X. 20 Million Reasons To Say Thanks
We are on a mission. With over 25 billion listening hours under the hood since our launch seven years ago, we’re obsessed with figuring out how to bring music into every part of your life, wherever you are, whatever you’re doing, whatever your mood. More than ever, you’re telling us what you want: the best music to fit your mood and moment mixed with great entertainment throughout your day. We understand that how music fits into your life is as powerful as the music itself. So today we’re rolling out a richer mobile music experience built around your day, bringing you the music you love when you need it most. Introducing:
- The Now start page. From the time you wake up until tonight’s party, the Now start page serves you the right music day and night. Need a Monday morning playlist pick-me-up? Done. The right tunes to help you focus after lunch? We’ve got you covered. And because Now learns what you like, you’ll be sure to hear the right music – selected from our in-house experts and your personal collection – whatever the occasion. Recommendations will adapt over time to fit your taste and mood.
- Spotify Running. Every week millions of you lace up and hit the road to Spotify. Music is the perfect running companion but sometimes you need even more motivation to push on. That’s why Spotify Running is all about helping you go the extra mile.We’ve combined the best music on the planet – recommendations based on your listening history, multiple-genre playlists and original running compositions written by some of the world’s foremost DJs and composers – all tuned to your tempo and seamlessly transitioned to ensure you’ll never miss a beat. Start running and Spotify will detect your tempo, matching the perfect music in time to your step – making you a harder, better, faster, stronger runner.
- And that’s not all: this Summer we’re teaming up with Nike to bring new music experiences to their audiences around the globe. And later this year, you’ll be able to access the new Spotify Running experience through the Nike+ app. We’re also integrating the RunKeeper app with Spotify Running later this year.
On top of our improved music experience, we’re also introducing an expanded world of entertainment built around you:
- More Than Music. For the first time, Spotify is adding video clips and audio shows to the music mix. We know there are times in the day you want to switch between music to catch up on the latest news, listen to your favourite podcast or simply watch something fun. And with a stellar range of entertainment to choose from there’s something for everyone. Spotify will suggest video and audio shows for you to watch and learn what you love.
- Spotify Originals. We’re also serving up an exciting slate of original content to entertain your day. Check out our Running Originals – music specifically designed for running that dynamically adapts to your running tempo. A total of six original tracks, all found within Spotify Running, are available at launch. We’re also introducing a range of exclusive content, from Dance Move of the Day produced by Amy Poehler’s Smart Girls brand, to specially curated radio shows presented by artists including Icona Pop, Jungle and Tyler the Creator.
- Spotify now comes packed with entertainment, news and clips from the likes of ABC, BBC, Comedy Central, Condé Nast Entertainment, ESPN, Fusion, Maker Studios, NBC, TED and Vice News, with much more to come (see Notes to Editors for full entertainment roster).
We’re so excited to bring you a deeper, richer, more immersive Spotify experience. We want Spotify to help soundtrack your life by offering an even wider world of entertainment with an awesome mix of the best music, podcasts and video delivered to you throughout your day. And we’re just getting started. The new Now experience will begin rolling out today to iPhone users in the US, UK, Germany and Sweden – with more markets and platforms to follow in the near future. Spotify Running will start rolling out to iPhone users globally today. That’s entertainment.
I dag Spotify og Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI) er veldig glade for å lansere den nye eksklusive musikkopplevelse med PlayStation – som gjør det enklere enn noensinne for gamere og alle Spotify-brukere i 41 markeder rundt om i verden til å nyte favorittmusikken sine mens de spiller favorittspillene sine. Helt korrekt, de beste innen musikk samarbeider nå med de beste innen spill. Så enten du stuper fra hustak i Paris, kjemper mot ondskapen i Crota eller spiller mot Barcelona på Camp Noe, er det du som nå styrer bakgrunnsmusikken.
Styr musikken selv
- Mens du hører på musikk i bakgrunnen på PlayStation®4 (PS4™), kan du styre musikken helt selv slik at du kan nyte favorittlåtene dine samtidig som du spiller. Det kan jo være du dør et par ganger i hendene (eller klørne) på de fryktelige monstrene i det kritikerroste action-rollespillet Bloodborne™, så hvorfor ikke gjøre det til musikken du selv velger? Enten du er i stemning for litt pop, hip-hop eller klassisk musikk… med over 30 millioner låter har du litt å velge mellom.
Musikken som passer deg
- Nyt alle favorittlåtene dine når det passer deg best. Velg mellom en av dine favoritter fra Your Music eller Browse for å finne den perfekte spillelisten for ethvert humør eller øyeblikk. Vi har til og med laget nye spillelister for spilling, kun for deg.
Du trenger ikke ta pause
- Med Spotify Connect kan du hoppe over låter eller skru opp musikken ved hjelp av mobilen eller nettbrettet på PS4 og PS3.
Vi vet at musikk alltid har vært en stor del av gaming og gleder oss til å løfte spilleopplevelsen til et helt nytt nivå. Med dagens lansering ønsker vi å ta tilbake det magiske rundt spill og musikk – pakket inn i et vakkert design og en sømløs opplevelse som ser flott ut på den store skjermen. Vi har jobbet tett sammen med PlayStation® for å utvikle en helt ny musikkopplevelse som ikke bare høres fantastisk ut, men som også ser bra ut på TV’en og som sømløst håndterer bruken av de trådløse DualShock-kontrollene.
Spotify på PlayStation Music vil rulles ut til alle Spotify brukere på PS4 og PS3 i dag, og vil også bli tilgjengelig på Xperia™smarttelefoner og nettbrett.
Klar til å spille? Gjør det klar her: www.spotify.com/playstation.
Today we’re launching a desktop update with new features and improvements. First of all, we’re making lyrics a seamless part of the Spotify experience on desktop. Powered by Musixmatch, the world’s largest lyrics catalogue, the ability to sing along to your favourite tunes is just a click away.
Simply fire up any song on our desktop app and hit the new Lyrics button. You can also search and browse popular lyrics from Spotify’s top songs using the Explore feature.
We’re not just making your next sing-along better though. Here are a couple of other new features we’ve been working on:
– New and improved Friend Feed: now it’s easier than ever to discover what the people you care about are listening to. Simply scroll down the sidebar to see what playlists, songs and artists your friends are enjoying.
– Introducing daily viral charts: serving you the most shared tracks around the world and in your region. Additionally, all charts now feature indicators to highlight new music and how tracks are performing day by day.
These updates will roll out gradually to all desktop users over the coming weeks.
We are so excited to be returning to Austin for our 4th year to celebrate SXSW! From March 15 – 20, The Spotify House will be your go-to venue to unwind, discover the best new artists and take part in unique experiences.
Our 2015 line-up boasts 30+ must-see-acts including breakout talent Marian Hill, Conrad, Cam and many more. Everyday, we’ll have live performances on two stages, so come ready to rock. You can check out the full daily line-up here. We’ll also be serving up the best local Austin eats, curated by our friends at SUPPER.
To kick start each day, The Spotify House will be hosting a unique SoulCycle pop-up experience. Each morning, live DJ sets and the best fitness instructors in the world will take Spotify fans on the ride of their lives, set to a once in a lifetime musical experience. SoulCycle fans will be riding to some of the world’s best DJ’s, including Ryan Hemsworth and Hudson Mohawke throughout the week. Check out the daily schedule here to sign up for a ride.
We’ve also teamed up with Bose, Squarespace and truth to bring to life one-of-a-kind experiences for guests.
- Bose: Spotify is excited to launch Unveiled in partnership with Bose at this year’s SXSW. Unveiled provides music fans with a once in a lifetime experience of seeing their favorite artists perform their newest or soon-to-be-released album live, for the first time. Inaugural artists include James Bay, MisterWives and other special guests. Music fans visiting The Spotify House will also experience the power of Spotify through Bose® SoundTouch™ Wi-Fi® music systems.
- Squarespace: Each day at The Spotify House, Austin-based Squarespace visual artists explore the intersection between music and art, creating new pieces inspired by the music of the day.
- truth Truck is making its way to Austin to inspire people to #FinishIt. truth Tour Riders will keep visitors entertained with special guest DJs scratching from the iconic orange truck and with #LeftSwipeDat themed listening booths.
For additional information about The Spotify House, RSVP now and follow us on our dedicated SXSW Spotify handle @sxspotify to stay up to date on the latest news! And, be sure to follow us on Vine, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat for more information about our SXSW plans this year.
See you at SXSW!
It’s a great day for gamers and music lovers! We are super excited to announce that Spotify is coming soon to PlayStation®.
Sign up here to be the first to check out Spotify on PlayStation®.
Ever find yourself endlessly browsing through playlist after playlist, looking for the perfect music? “Teen Party” or “Party Hits”… how do you decide without listening?
Well, good news. Now, with Touch Preview, you can quickly get a sneak peek of any playlist, song, album or artist before you hit play. Just hold down your finger to the screen – you’ll instantly hear the music start.
And you can now save tunes you like to Your Music with one quick left-swipe. Building your collection of favourite songs has never been easier or faster.
It means less time looking for the perfect music, and more time actually listening to it.
Oh look, here’s a nice video we made.
Both Touch Preview and our new swipe gestures are available to iOS users from today, and will soon be rolled out across other platforms.
Today we’re bringing Windows Phone users the best-looking Spotify ever. With a darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
We also know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re bringing Your Music to Windows Phone: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
We’re also bringing you our updated Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever.
Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out to all Windows Phone 8 users starting today.