We are constantly innovating and evolving our service to deliver the best possible experience for our users. This means delivering the perfect recommendations for every moment, and helping you to enjoy, discover and share more music than ever before. The data we access simply helps us to tailor improved experiences to our users, and build new and personalized products for the future. Recent new features include Spotify Running, which matches the BPM of your music to the pace of your run, or the new Discover Weekly feature, which curates a weekly playlist based on your tastes.
Here is an overview of what we have updated in the Terms and Conditions of Use:
- Additional clarity around promotional offers and trials.
- Clearer rules governing user-generated content.
- Clearer guidance on how brands may interact with the Spotify service.
- New section on the external Support Community.
- Greater detail around the arbitration process for dispute resolution.
- Streamlining policies into as few as possible.
- The Information We Collect section has been expanded to include new technical data such as additional cookies, device information, and network information.
- We also note that we may ask for customer permission to collect information from new sources, such as address book, location, and sensor data from the mobile device to improve the customer experience and inform product decisions.
- We provide more clarity on how we share data with partners who help us with our marketing and advertising efforts for both Spotify and our brand partners.
The privacy and security of our customers’ data is – and will remain – Spotify’s highest priority. We will always ask for individual permission or clearly inform you of the ability to opt out from sharing location, photos, voice and contacts.