Today we’re thrilled to let you know that Spotify will be coming to Android Wear.
With Spotify on your wrist, you’ll be able to seamlessly browse and play music on the go – without ever having to pick up your phone. Navigate through Your Music and play the music you like, or Browse to discover something new.
Spotify will be rolling out gradually to Android Wear users throughout June.
I dag Spotify og Sony Network Entertainment International LLC (SNEI) er veldig glade for å lansere den nye eksklusive musikkopplevelse med PlayStation – som gjør det enklere enn noensinne for gamere og alle Spotify-brukere i 41 markeder rundt om i verden til å nyte favorittmusikken sine mens de spiller favorittspillene sine. Helt korrekt, de beste innen musikk samarbeider nå med de beste innen spill. Så enten du stuper fra hustak i Paris, kjemper mot ondskapen i Crota eller spiller mot Barcelona på Camp Noe, er det du som nå styrer bakgrunnsmusikken.
Styr musikken selv
- Mens du hører på musikk i bakgrunnen på PlayStation®4 (PS4™), kan du styre musikken helt selv slik at du kan nyte favorittlåtene dine samtidig som du spiller. Det kan jo være du dør et par ganger i hendene (eller klørne) på de fryktelige monstrene i det kritikerroste action-rollespillet Bloodborne™, så hvorfor ikke gjøre det til musikken du selv velger? Enten du er i stemning for litt pop, hip-hop eller klassisk musikk… med over 30 millioner låter har du litt å velge mellom.
Musikken som passer deg
- Nyt alle favorittlåtene dine når det passer deg best. Velg mellom en av dine favoritter fra Your Music eller Browse for å finne den perfekte spillelisten for ethvert humør eller øyeblikk. Vi har til og med laget nye spillelister for spilling, kun for deg.
Du trenger ikke ta pause
- Med Spotify Connect kan du hoppe over låter eller skru opp musikken ved hjelp av mobilen eller nettbrettet på PS4 og PS3.
Vi vet at musikk alltid har vært en stor del av gaming og gleder oss til å løfte spilleopplevelsen til et helt nytt nivå. Med dagens lansering ønsker vi å ta tilbake det magiske rundt spill og musikk – pakket inn i et vakkert design og en sømløs opplevelse som ser flott ut på den store skjermen. Vi har jobbet tett sammen med PlayStation® for å utvikle en helt ny musikkopplevelse som ikke bare høres fantastisk ut, men som også ser bra ut på TV’en og som sømløst håndterer bruken av de trådløse DualShock-kontrollene.
Spotify på PlayStation Music vil rulles ut til alle Spotify brukere på PS4 og PS3 i dag, og vil også bli tilgjengelig på Xperia™smarttelefoner og nettbrett.
Klar til å spille? Gjør det klar her: www.spotify.com/playstation.
Today we’re launching a desktop update with new features and improvements. First of all, we’re making lyrics a seamless part of the Spotify experience on desktop. Powered by Musixmatch, the world’s largest lyrics catalogue, the ability to sing along to your favourite tunes is just a click away.
Simply fire up any song on our desktop app and hit the new Lyrics button. You can also search and browse popular lyrics from Spotify’s top songs using the Explore feature.
We’re not just making your next sing-along better though. Here are a couple of other new features we’ve been working on:
– New and improved Friend Feed: now it’s easier than ever to discover what the people you care about are listening to. Simply scroll down the sidebar to see what playlists, songs and artists your friends are enjoying.
– Introducing daily viral charts: serving you the most shared tracks around the world and in your region. Additionally, all charts now feature indicators to highlight new music and how tracks are performing day by day.
These updates will roll out gradually to all desktop users over the coming weeks.
Want to record your best moments of 2015? Now when you Shazam the tunes you love, we’ll automatically put them in a playlist for you (Spotify Premium subscribers only).
Get set up with these steps:
- Get the latest Shazam app
- Go to My Shazam and open Settings (top right)
- Select “Connect to Spotify” and follow the instructions
We’ll create a “My Shazam Tracks” playlist in your Spotify account, and all your current and future Shazams will appear there automatically.
Ever find yourself endlessly browsing through playlist after playlist, looking for the perfect music? “Teen Party” or “Party Hits”… how do you decide without listening?
Well, good news. Now, with Touch Preview, you can quickly get a sneak peek of any playlist, song, album or artist before you hit play. Just hold down your finger to the screen – you’ll instantly hear the music start.
And you can now save tunes you like to Your Music with one quick left-swipe. Building your collection of favourite songs has never been easier or faster.
It means less time looking for the perfect music, and more time actually listening to it.
Oh look, here’s a nice video we made.
Both Touch Preview and our new swipe gestures are available to iOS users from today, and will soon be rolled out across other platforms.
Today we’re bringing Windows Phone users the best-looking Spotify ever. With a darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
We also know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re bringing Your Music to Windows Phone: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
We’re also bringing you our updated Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever.
Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out to all Windows Phone 8 users starting today.
We had an amazing 2014 at Spotify and owe it all to you, the music fans who listen, discover, share and celebrate music and artists with us every day of the year.
And before 2014 turned into 2015, we reached 15 million subscribers and 60 million active users!
So as we set off into the new year, we want to send a giant thank you to all of you. We can’t wait for the year in music ahead!
One out of every five Spotify streams comes from a user listening to another user’s music. Every day, millions of listeners find, discover and share music on Spotify – but a great recommendation from someone you trust is something special.
What if you could tap into all these moments of discovery and see what your friends have been listening to?
Today we’re launching new discovery features that make it easier than ever to tap into your friends’ latest music picks.
Top Tracks in Your Network is a new chart showing the most played songs among the people you follow. The more popular a song is with your friends, the higher it is up the chart. Refreshed daily, the new chart can be found in the Browse section under Top Lists. A drop down list of the people listening to the song can be found next to the track details.
Now, when you go to an artist or album you’ll see who’s been listening – a great way to discover which of your friends share your taste in music.
Top Tracks in Your Network begins rolling out today on iOS and Android platforms, and to desktop soon.
We already bring you the right music for every moment on your computer, your mobile, your tablet and your home entertainment system. And now BMW and MINI are bringing Spotify into their cars, delivering the perfect music for every journey.
Starting today, Spotify users on iOS can enjoy a seamless music experience while driving a BMW or MINI. Features include:
• Access your own music and playlists or use features like Radio and Browse to find the perfect music for every mood and moment
• Enjoy an intuitive viewing experience on the car’s high-resolution Control Display
• Comfortable and safe to use with the iDrive Controller
• Spotify Premium subscribers can enjoy extra high quality on-demand music (320kbps) that sounds great on the car’s audio system – as well as ad-free and offline listening.
Simply connect your iOS device with Spotify installed and logged in, then select Spotify from your Multimedia menu . It’s all effortlessly controlled using the high-resolution display and BMW or MINI controller. Enjoy your ride!
Spotify will work on all BMW cars equipped with the BMW Apps feature as part of ConnectDrive as well as on MINI’s equipped with MINI Connected Apps.
Big news everyone! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Uber to let you choose the soundtrack for your ride.
When you request a car, you’ll be able to choose the music you want to hear on the journey. When your ride arrives, it’ll be your tunes on the car’s speakers.
So how does it work?
- Connect your Spotify account from the Uber Profile screen or sign up.
- Request a ride in the Uber app. If you get matched with a music-enabled Uber, the music bar will appear at the bottom of the Uber app.
- Tap the music bar and select music from our ready-made playlist, your playlists or search for something new.
- If you want you can wirelessly control the music from either the Uber or Spotify apps until you arrive at your destination.
- Sit back and enjoy the soundtrack to your ride.
The new Uber and Spotify integration, available to all Uber and Spotify Premium users on iOS and Android (with a limited feature set), starts rolling out on Friday, Nov. 21 in our 10 launch cities. The integration will continue to roll out globally over the coming weeks.
To kick off our exciting new partnership, Spotify and Uber are giving fans a chance to connect with some of their favourite artists in 10 global launch cities:
– Participating artists include: Andrew W.K., The Sam Willows, Ximena Sariñana, Ansiktet, Professor Green, Diplo, Matt and Kim, Ricki Lee, Kevin Drew and Jake Owen.
– 10 global launch cities include: London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney and Toronto.
These special events for Uber and Spotify users – including artist ride-alongs and exclusive live sessions in five of the 10 cities – will take place on Friday, November 21. Stay tuned for additional details.