Today we’re launching a desktop update with new features and improvements. First of all, we’re making lyrics a seamless part of the Spotify experience on desktop. Powered by Musixmatch, the world’s largest lyrics catalogue, the ability to sing along to your favourite tunes is just a click away.
Simply fire up any song on our desktop app and hit the new Lyrics button. You can also search and browse popular lyrics from Spotify’s top songs using the Explore feature.
We’re not just making your next sing-along better though. Here are a couple of other new features we’ve been working on:
- New and improved Friend Feed: now it’s easier than ever to discover what the people you care about are listening to. Simply scroll down the sidebar to see what playlists, songs and artists your friends are enjoying.
- Introducing daily viral charts: serving you the most shared tracks around the world and in your region. Additionally, all charts now feature indicators to highlight new music and how tracks are performing day by day.
These updates will roll out gradually to all desktop users over the coming weeks.
Your house party is amazing. People are dancing, hanging out and the vibe is perfect. Suddenly, the music stops. Just like that. Silence. Your DJ friend, the one who “promised” to take care of the music, has been lured off to other adventures. That’s when our friends at Pacemaker will be there to save the day.
Today Pacemaker are happy to launch Autopilot, an automatic DJ feature that mixes music for you. The perfect way to stop worrying about the music. Simply tap one button and watch a gorgeous interface unfold.
These are some of Autopilot’s characteristics:
● Your own intelligent DJ. Pick your favourite tracks or playlists and Autopilot will arrange and mix them based on the unique characters of each song.
● Skip a track! Skip on! Skip again! Autopilot quickly mixes the next track without having to wait for it to load. No more awkward silence.
● Not sure what to play? Pacemaker’s suggestion engine Match Machine scans through your playlists and millions of Spotify tracks to help Autopilot™ find the perfect tunes.
Pacemaker with Autopilot is available on iPad from today. Party on!
One out of every five Spotify streams comes from a user listening to another user’s music. Every day, millions of listeners find, discover and share music on Spotify – but a great recommendation from someone you trust is something special.
What if you could tap into all these moments of discovery and see what your friends have been listening to?
Today we’re launching new discovery features that make it easier than ever to tap into your friends’ latest music picks.
Top Tracks in Your Network is a new chart showing the most played songs among the people you follow. The more popular a song is with your friends, the higher it is up the chart. Refreshed daily, the new chart can be found in the Browse section under Top Lists. A drop down list of the people listening to the song can be found next to the track details.
Now, when you go to an artist or album you’ll see who’s been listening – a great way to discover which of your friends share your taste in music.
Top Tracks in Your Network begins rolling out today on iOS and Android platforms, and to desktop soon.
I dag ønsker vi Berlins store sønner, Rammstein, velkommen til Spotify med sine seks fantastiske studioalbum. For å komme i stemning, her er 14 fakta om bandet du kanskje ikke har hørt før..!
- Rammstein oppstod i Øst-Tysklands punkmiljø.
- De er oppkalt etter det tyske ordet for rambukk – og en by uheldigvis kjent for en flyshow ulykke i 1988 der 70 personer ble drept.
- Bandet har proklamert: ”Alt vi ønsker er å underholde. Med flammekastere”.
- Under live-fremførelser av ”Bück Dich” pleide vokalist Till Lindemann å dra av seg buksene for å så avsløre en stor dildo mellom bena, som igjen sprutet en hvit væske over publikum på første rad.
- Rammsteins debut singel, ”Du Riechst So Gut” (”Du lukter så godt”) dukket først opp i en parfymert CD-utgave.
- Billettene til Rammsteins legendariske opptreden i Madison Square Garden i New York ble utsolgt på under 30 minutter.
- Lindemanns andre mest kjente rekvisitt på scenen er hans 63 kilo tunge metallfrakk som blir smurt inn med brennbart stoff for å så bli satt fyr på.
- Den verdenskjente filmregissøren David Lynch brukte to Rammstein-sanger i sin film ”Lost Highway”.
- De er det eneste tyskspråklige bandet til å virkelig knekke det amerikanske markedet.
- Sangen ”Mein Teil” (”Min del”) er inspirert av saken om en tysk kannibal som trykket en annonse som søkte etter en frivillig til å bli drept og spist.
- Rammstein ble Grammy-nominert for beste metal-opptreden i både 1999 og 2006.
- Den tidligere sjefen for plateselskapet deres beskrev dem som ”teater for millenniumsgenerasjonen: metall-techno poserende med bisarre sadomasokistiske elementer…”
- Passende nok er bandets eget motto ”Gjør din egen greie, og overdriv det!”
- Keyboardisten ”Flake” uttalte en gang at ”vi ønsker at publikum virkelig skal ta til seg musikken vår, så hva venter dere på?”
We already bring you the right music for every moment on your computer, your mobile, your tablet and your home entertainment system. And now BMW and MINI are bringing Spotify into their cars, delivering the perfect music for every journey.
Starting today, Spotify users on iOS can enjoy a seamless music experience while driving a BMW or MINI. Features include:
• Access your own music and playlists or use features like Radio and Browse to find the perfect music for every mood and moment
• Enjoy an intuitive viewing experience on the car’s high-resolution Control Display
• Comfortable and safe to use with the iDrive Controller
• Spotify Premium subscribers can enjoy extra high quality on-demand music (320kbps) that sounds great on the car’s audio system – as well as ad-free and offline listening.
Simply connect your iOS device with Spotify installed and logged in, then select Spotify from your Multimedia menu . It’s all effortlessly controlled using the high-resolution display and BMW or MINI controller. Enjoy your ride!
Spotify will work on all BMW cars equipped with the BMW Apps feature as part of ConnectDrive as well as on MINI’s equipped with MINI Connected Apps.
Big news everyone! We’ve teamed up with our friends at Uber to let you choose the soundtrack for your ride.
When you request a car, you’ll be able to choose the music you want to hear on the journey. When your ride arrives, it’ll be your tunes on the car’s speakers.
So how does it work?
- Connect your Spotify account from the Uber Profile screen or sign up.
- Request a ride in the Uber app. If you get matched with a music-enabled Uber, the music bar will appear at the bottom of the Uber app.
- Tap the music bar and select music from our ready-made playlist, your playlists or search for something new.
- If you want you can wirelessly control the music from either the Uber or Spotify apps until you arrive at your destination.
- Sit back and enjoy the soundtrack to your ride.
The new Uber and Spotify integration, available to all Uber and Spotify Premium users on iOS and Android (with a limited feature set), starts rolling out on Friday, Nov. 21 in our 10 launch cities. The integration will continue to roll out globally over the coming weeks.
To kick off our exciting new partnership, Spotify and Uber are giving fans a chance to connect with some of their favourite artists in 10 global launch cities:
- Participating artists include: Andrew W.K., The Sam Willows, Ximena Sariñana, Ansiktet, Professor Green, Diplo, Matt and Kim, Ricki Lee, Kevin Drew and Jake Owen.
- 10 global launch cities include: London, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Nashville, New York, San Francisco, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney and Toronto.
These special events for Uber and Spotify users – including artist ride-alongs and exclusive live sessions in five of the 10 cities – will take place on Friday, November 21. Stay tuned for additional details.
I dag lanserer vi den beste versjonen av Spotify til iPad. Det samme mørke temaet, fornyet typografi og avrundede ikongrafi, som du allerede elsker på mobil og desktop. Å spille favorittmusikken din har aldri sett så bra ut.
Vi forbedrer ikke bare utseendet vårt. Etter feedback fra dere vet vi at nettbrett er en av de mest foretrukne plattformene når det kommer til å oppdage, organisere og lagre musikk. Vi vet også at du ønsker flere løsninger til å håndtere musikken på. I dag viderefører vi dermed Your Music til iPad: Din gode hjelper for å lagre, organisere og spille musikk – på dine premisser. Til og med når du slapper av på sofaen.
Så nå kan du enkelt organisere musikken mens du slapper av på sofaen med iPaden din, lytt til spillelisten når du er ute og går, og få tilgang til den på PC’en når du kommer på jobb.
I tillegg ser det helt fantastisk ut.
Nye Spotify for iPad rulles ut fra og med i dag og kan lasts ned på App Store.
Today, DJing for all Android users has become easier than ever before. Our friends from Algoriddim announced that their popular DJ-ing app, djay 2, is now available on Android with full Spotify integration. Now you can mix all your favorite tracks using your smartphone or tablet device.
Djay 2 for Android lets you play your playlists or browse whole music catalogue available at Spotify. For the first time Spotify Premium users on Android can mix millions of songs, and using Match, they’ll also get real-time, intelligent suggestions on what to play next. See how it all started:
Are you currently sharing your Spotify account with the entire family? Want to keep your 60s soul classics playlist separate from your kids’ Frozen soundtrack and save money in the process?
Well, great news! With Spotify Family you can now invite up to four family members and share one billing account whilst keeping your listening history, recommendations and playlists completely separate.
The more the merrier.
Having a family can be expensive. But music doesn’t have to be. With Spotify Family, you can add up to four family members to your account, and each additional user gets up to 50% off Spotify Premium.
You each get your own account.
Your own music. Your own playlists and recommendations. But just one simple family bill. It’s great for big families with lots of different devices, as everyone can play at once. No more interruptions when mum logs in. No more fighting over Calvin vs Lionel.
Spotify Family will roll out globally over the upcoming weeks. To learn more about this great new deal, click here
ADE has just passed it’s 3rd day, with another one to go. Philosophies, speaker panels, debating, live performances and ongoing parties, but most of all… music. Or better yet: sharing music.
If ADE is about the sharing of passion, stories and knowledge; if there’s debate going on, keynote speeches and meetings to be held; if there are workshops to participate in and parties (!) to find in every corner of the city with many decibels coming out of speakers; it makes you wonder. What is everybody listening to?
We have dedicated an entire category named LIVE FROM ADE 2014. Loads of amazing playlists by many artists we came to love – or were introduced to – and of course, the Spotify ADE Lounge.
But there’s more. Our team has also brought you the option to share your ultimate ADE track. In a very special way. Just go to spotify.com/ade, type and swipe and get a whole playlist served, based entirely on your own favorite track for ADE. It’s as simple as that.
For the past three days, DJs, visitors and listeners have been swiping and sharing! Again, it makes you wonder: what is everybody listening to? What were you listening to?
Well, we’ve nailed it down for you. Our playlist #SoundofADE-most shared tracks is now ready. Enjoy some great music, find out about the most shared tracks and who’s owning the number one spot during the Amsterdam Dance Event!