Today we have a big reason to celebrate – it’s Spotify’s one year anniversary in the Netherlands.
A year ago Spotify provided Dutch music fans with the ability to listen to whatever music they want, whenever and wherever. By providing access to all of the world’s music and over 13 million tracks in an easy accessible way Spotify can offer a service that is better than piracy.
The first year in the Netherlands:
- Over 2000 years worth of music has been played
- Millions of tracks streamed every month
- Tens of thousands of new users every month
- Most popular Dutch artist: De Jeugd Van Tegenwoordig
- Most popular track: Rolling In The Deep – Adele
And this is only the start…
Our good friends at Mixed Tapes, the Dutch playlist site, has helped us put together a playlist with some of the best tracks of the year.
We also have a great opportunity for you to win tickets courtesy of our friends at EMI, Sony, Warner and Universal. We have tickets to:
- Katy B – June 7th
- Miles Kane – June 21st
- Toppers in concert 2011 – 28 May
- The Kooks in Paradiso on 9th of June
- Top Notch Extravaga 26th May in Tivoli Oudegracht, Utrecht.
- Selah Sue in De Melkweg, Amsterdam on May 29th
To enter, simply leave a comment on the blog with your favourite track of the past year and let us know which concert you’d like to attend and we’ll pick winners later next week.
And finally, thank you for all the support over the past year!