Today we’re putting the pedal to the metal by launching apps from two of the rock genre’s biggest names. You can now enjoy new apps from heavy metal bible Metal Hammer and indie record label Century Media.
The new Spotify App from Metal Hammer, which is one of the foremost authorities on metal in the world, brings you the best in the past, present and future of metal music. The magazine brings all its expertise to the app with a ton of specially curated playlists, including: lists of the finest cover versions from the metal world, reviews that include everything from Motorhead to Maiden, and artist playlists from the likes of Pantera and Slayer.
Click here to check out the new Metal Hammer app on Spotify.
Legendary rock music label Century Media also brings its official Spotify App “Metal of the Century”, bubbling over with entertaining and informative features from the most successful and fascinating acts in metal, prog, rock, punk and hardcore. Features include personally curated and continually updated playlists from artists including Anders Friden (In Flames), Greg Mackintosh (Paradise Lost) and others. In addition, each label of the Century Media family gets its own section where users can check out the best in new releases and browse through news stories and tour dates.
Click here to check out the new Metal of the Century app on Spotify.
With the eagerly-awaited GRAMMY Awards airing this Sunday, we looked at song and album streams to predict which nominees would walk away with the coveted gilded gramophones if it were up to Spotify users.
Check out these key predictions based on streaming data:
- Gotye is predicted to pick up Record of the Year and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance with their chart-topper ‘Somebody That I Used to Know’
- Mumford & Son’s folk album ‘Babel’ is projected to win Album of the Year over rock albums from The Black Keys and Jack White and breakouts from Fun. and Frank Ocean
- The Lumineers have the edge on taking home Best New Artist over Fun., Frank Ocean, and The Alabama Shakes
- Carly Rae Jepsen’s pop anthem ‘Call Me Maybe’ is predicted to snag Best Pop Solo Performance while Carrie Underwood’s ‘Blown Away’ is favored for Best Country Song
What’s your prediction for the GRAMMYs?
Share with us your pick and you could win an all-inclusive trip to LA and a pair of seats at next year’s show! Simply head on over to our Facebook page or to Billboard.com to make your mark. There’s a new category every day, and each one gives you another place in the draw. What’s more, for each category you predict correctly, you’ll also get a chance to win Spotify Premium for 6 months!
What are you waiting for? Come Predict the GRAMMYs with us!
Never miss a show by your favourite band or artist again! Bandsintown, the free concert recommendation and notification application, has just released a Spotify app to streamline your concert calendar. The app links your personal tastes with tour dates in your city while also delivering songs and playlists built around your favorite acts currently on tour.
Some great features of the app:
- Recommends similar artists currently on tour based on your music taste and listening trends,
- Create a playlist featuring songs from your favorite and Bandsintown-recommended artists playing in your area soon,
- Enables you to view a pop-up tab listing any Spotify artist’s tour dates, with local shows highlighted, simply by clicking and dragging the artist into the Bandsintown Spotify app.
You can also purchase tickets directly through the app, indicate whether you are attending events, receive email alerts on concerts in your area, access a personalized upcoming concert calendar page that allows you to hear an artist’s most popular songs, and much more!
What are you waiting for? Get Bandsintown today!