Sharemyplaylists.com provides us with their latest installment monthly playlists. Be sure to also check out their recently launched Badges feature, making sharing your playlists more fun than ever!
The Soundtrack to 2010
So, that’s it then. 2010 over and out. How was it for you? Yeah, the World Cup was a little dull, we’ve had apocalyptic weather conditions and global political unrest, but the music was pretty tasty wasn’t it? SMP user Phil Wilce – curator of the brilliant monthly playlist The Soundtrack to… – is the man behind this creation, summing up the year that was 2010 consummately. Big tunes from the likes of Foals, LCD Soundsystem, Janelle Monae, Everything Everything and Plan B are amongst our favourites that made the final cut; find out if yours did by clicking here.
MY BEST OF 2010
Another of our favourite 2010 retrospectives is this little beauty, created by ga8. MY BEST OF 2010, as you may have guessed from the title, is a collection of his top tunes from the past 12 months. This eclectic playlist is your one-stop-shop for everything that made 2010 an ace year for for music, taking in tracks by The Black Keys, Gil Scott-Heron, Trentemøller, Caribou, The Dead Weather, Vampire Weekend and Gorillaz to name but a few – brilliant playlist.
SPOTIFY FESTIVE PLAYLIST !
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- To access the Spotify Festive Playlist, you must agree to these terms and conditions and allow the permissions requested by Spotify Festive Playlist.
- Once you have subscribed to a Spotify Festive Playlist, you will have access to that playlist as of the date of subscription and for each subsequent song released by the playlist during the Term (described below).
- On subscribing to a Spotify Festive Playlist, you will automatically be entered into a free prize draw (the free prize draw terms and conditions are below).
- This prize draw is operated by Spotify Limited and is subject to English law, which may be different from the laws of your local country. The site and promotion are not operated by and are outside the control of all local market Spotify entities other than Spotify Limited. No Spotify entities other than Spotify Limited accept any responsibility for the content of the site and the running of the prize draw. Please do not proceed any further if you do not agree to the terms of the site and the promotion or if access to the site and/or entry into the prize draw is contrary to the laws of your country.
FREE PRIZE DRAW – WIN GOODIES
Starting Date: 1 December 2011 at 9am (GMT)
Closing Date: 24 December 2011 at 8pm (GMT) (together the "Term")
- You must be over the age of 13 and resident in the following territories: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden Switzerland, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
- Each draw is not open to employees or their immediate family of Spotify Limited, its subsidiaries, associated companies, agents or anyone connected with the draw.
- In order to be entered into a prize draw, you must successfully subscribe to a Festive Playlist via the Spotify Festive Playlist application on facebook.com. By subscribing to a Festive Playlist, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions.
- No purchase is required although you must have a Spotify account to be able to listen to/have access to the Festive Playlist that you have selected.
- The prize – There are a range of prizes to be won including but not limited to merchandise that may be signed by music artists and Spotify gift cards (only if the sale of Spotify gift cards are available in the territory in which you are resident).
- No alternative cash prizes or other prize.
- Only one entry per person permitted.
- Closing date for final entries is 23 December at 8pm (GMT).
- If you are a prize winner you will be notified via your email address or on your Facebook wall at any time throughout the Term.
- Entries that do not meet the requirement in these terms will be disqualified. Responsibility cannot be accepted (and the Promoter shall not be liable) for delayed entries.
- There will be a draw on a weekly basis. On the day of each draw, the draw will take place by 8pm GMT of that day, with the last draw taking place on 23 December by 8pm GMT.
- At each draw, the prize winner will be the first valid entries drawn at random from all the entries received by the Promoter by the date of the relevant draw.
- If you are a prize winner you must claim your prize by 8pm (GMT) on 31 January 2012. How to claim details will be provided with your notification.
- In the event that you fail to claim a prize within the time limit or are otherwise disqualified from the draw, that prize will be withdrawn and the entry will be void.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prizes impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and you agree that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Prizes may be sent by registered post or courier to the address provided by the winner. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any failure by the postal service to deliver the prizes or the winner's failure to accept delivery of his/her prize.
- The Promoter’s decision in relation to any issue arising with this draw is final and no correspondence or other communication will be entered into regarding the draw other than as specifically contemplated in these rules.
- The name and country of the winners may be obtained until 5 pm on 29 February 2012 by writing an email to Spotify at email@example.com with the words "Festive Playlist" as the title to the email and Spotify will respond to the email within fourteen (14) days of receipt of the email.
- The PROMOTER: Spotify Limited, 1st Floor Golden House, 30 Great Pulteney Street, London, W1F 9NN. The Promoter is a registered data controller under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- No provision of these terms & conditions shall affect any statutory rights of entrants.
A few weeks ago we announced that we were teaming up to bring Spotify to Logitech’s Squeezebox Radio and Touch.
Today, Logitech has released a new software update for the Touch and Radio which officially adds the new Spotify app. All you need is a Spotify Premium subscription, a Radio or Touch and you can start streaming via your Squeezebox to every corner of your house.
To add Spotify go to “App Gallery” and then “Music On-Demand” on your Squeezebox. Scroll down to the end of the list and select Spotify. Enjoy!
Great news, Spotify is now available for Shazam’s premium Apps on iPhone, iPod touch – including (SHAZAM)RED – and Android. Just tap the new “Play in Spotify” feature to go direct from Shazam to our Spotify Mobile app where you can immediately listen to the full track and explore more music from the tagged artist.
It’s now even easier to get instant satisfaction for those times when you want to know the track that is playing and then learn more about the artist. Just touch to Shazam and then play in Spotify. Click here for more information on downloading Shazam for your phone.
The same feature will be included on Shazam’s free App soon – so watch this space and we’ll keep you posted.
2011 is shaping up to be another great year in music with a number of big acts returning with new albums and new and emerging artists breaking onto the scene. To kick off the year we’ve compiled a few playlists highlighting some of the music you can expect to hear in the coming months.
We’re delighted to announce that we’ve joined forces with Logitech to bring Spotify to your Squeezebox Touch and Squeezebox Radio.
For those unfamiliar with Squeezebox, we highly recommend you check out their great wireless music systems. The Squeezebox Touch and Squeezebox Radio players use your existing wireless home network to stream music throughout your house. Squeezebox is simple to use and easily expandable by adding more Squeezebox players in other rooms – like your kitchen, bedroom or patio.
With our new app you can now access our comprehensive catalogue of more than ten million songs, and all your playlists, anywhere in the home.
The Spotify app will be available through Logitech’s MySqueezebox app site in the very near future for Spotify Premium subscribers. However, if you simply can’t wait to get your hands on the app and demand that Spotify pump music wirelessly throughout your home as of this minute, you can check out the Beta release right now.
If you’re like me then one of your New Year’s resolutions is likely to eat a little better and work out a little more. Thankfully you won’t have to do it in silence as we’ve put together a series of workout playlists to help pump you up all year long.
Load these into Spotify on your mobile and make hitting the gym a little easier, enjoy!