Today we’re bringing Windows Phone users the best-looking Spotify ever. With a darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
We also know that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re bringing Your Music to Windows Phone: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
We’re also bringing you our updated Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever.
Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out to all Windows Phone 8 users starting today.
Determined to keep those New Year resolutions? We’ve got you covered!
We teamed up with fitness pro and creator of INSANITY, Shaun T, alongside global expert on music for exercise, Dr. Costas Karageorghis, to predict the hottest fitness trends for 2015 – and the perfect soundtrack to get the most out of each and every workout.
According to Shaun T, 2015 is all about efficient workout programmes that incorporate HIIT training. “Ain’t nobody got time for hours in the gym, nor do they need to. Short, intense workouts such as INSANITY and Tabata style training will dominate.”
Check out his top 5 fitness trends for the year along with the perfect playlist to boost your workout:
INSANITY is an intense, boot camp-type workout designed to push its devotees to their mental and physical limits.
Tabata is a high-intensity, interval-based workout with 20-second periods of all-out effort punctuated by 10-second recovery periods.
The imperative for a Cardio Dance playlist is that it sticks to a strong and steady rhythmic flow.
Gymnastics Strength Training
Gymnastics strength training draws upon gymnasts’ common training methods into a workout that’s accessible to everyone.
CrossFit is a workout ‘melting pot’ that blends elements of powerlifting, Olympic weightlifting, gymnastics and athletics.
If you’re already flagging, you’ve now got the motivation to stick to your New Year fitness regime – listen to the complete Ultimate Workout Playlist for 2015 on Spotify here!
We had an amazing 2014 at Spotify and owe it all to you, the music fans who listen, discover, share and celebrate music and artists with us every day of the year.
And before 2014 turned into 2015, we reached 15 million subscribers and 60 million active users!
So as we set off into the new year, we want to send a giant thank you to all of you. We can’t wait for the year in music ahead!
Your house party is amazing. People are dancing, hanging out and the vibe is perfect. Suddenly, the music stops. Just like that. Silence. Your DJ friend, the one who “promised” to take care of the music, has been lured off to other adventures. That’s when our friends at Pacemaker will be there to save the day.
Today Pacemaker are happy to launch Autopilot, an automatic DJ feature that mixes music for you. The perfect way to stop worrying about the music. Simply tap one button and watch a gorgeous interface unfold.
These are some of Autopilot’s characteristics:
● Your own intelligent DJ. Pick your favourite tracks or playlists and Autopilot will arrange and mix them based on the unique characters of each song.
● Skip a track! Skip on! Skip again! Autopilot quickly mixes the next track without having to wait for it to load. No more awkward silence.
● Not sure what to play? Pacemaker’s suggestion engine Match Machine scans through your playlists and millions of Spotify tracks to help Autopilot™ find the perfect tunes.
Pacemaker with Autopilot is available on iPad from today. Party on!
One out of every five Spotify streams comes from a user listening to another user’s music. Every day, millions of listeners find, discover and share music on Spotify – but a great recommendation from someone you trust is something special.
What if you could tap into all these moments of discovery and see what your friends have been listening to?
Today we’re launching new discovery features that make it easier than ever to tap into your friends’ latest music picks.
Top Tracks in Your Network is a new chart showing the most played songs among the people you follow. The more popular a song is with your friends, the higher it is up the chart. Refreshed daily, the new chart can be found in the Browse section under Top Lists. A drop down list of the people listening to the song can be found next to the track details.
Now, when you go to an artist or album you’ll see who’s been listening – a great way to discover which of your friends share your taste in music.
Top Tracks in Your Network begins rolling out today on iOS and Android platforms, and to desktop soon.
It’s time to reflect on another amazing year in music with our Year in Music — our annual round up of what our 50 million users have listened to this year.
Join us at spotify.com/2014 as we look back at the key musical milestones of the year and reveal the most streamed artists, tracks, albums, bands, as well as a host of interesting musical facts from 2014.
Not only will you be able to find out more about the biggest global and national music trends of 2014, but you can also create your very own personal Year in Music. We invite you to answer that age old question; “What Kind of Music Are you Into” by exploring your top genres, your favourite artist by season, most musical day of the week, and more.
What soundtracked your year? Discover the 2014 Year in Music here!
The world’s biggest industrial metal band has landed!
Today we welcome Berlin’s mighty Rammstein to Spotify with six exclusive and brilliant albums. So, to get us all in the mood, here are 15 facts you really ought to know about this outrageous rock band.
- Rammstein emerged from East Germany’s renegade D.I.Y. punk scene.
- They’re named after the German word for “battering ram” and a town infamous as the location for a 1988 air-show tragedy where 80 people were killed.
- They once proclaimed, “All we want to do is entertain. With flamethrowers.”
- During live versions of “Bück Dich” (“Bend down”) singer Till Lindemann would drop his trousers to reveal a huge dildo through which he would then spray white liquid over the front rows.
- They are as brilliantly, uniquely German as Kraftwerk, Neu! and Einstürzende Neubauten.
- Rammstein’s debut CD single, “Du Riechst So Gut” (“You smell so good”) first appeared in as a perfumed digipak.
- Tickets sold out in only thirty minutes for Rammstein’s legendary performance at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
- Lindemann’s other most famous on-stage prop was his 140 pound metal coat that was covered in flammable paste and set on fire.
- World-renowned director David Lynch put two Rammstein songs in his film Lost Highway.
- They are the only German-speaking band to ever crack the US market.
- The song “Mein Teil” (“My Part”) was inspired by the case of a German cannibal who posted an ad asking for a volunteer to be killed and eaten.
- Rammstein was nominated for Best Metal Performance at the Grammy Awards in 1999 and 2006.
- The former head of their record label described them as, “theatre for the millennium generation: metallic-techno posing with bizarre sado-masochistic elements…”
- Fittingly, the band’s motto is, “Do your own thing – and overdo it!”
- Keyboardist “Flake” once said, “We like audiences to grapple with our music”, so what are you waiting for?
Start with the very best of Rammstein here.
Spotify Landmark – our series documenting music’s greatest moments in the words of those who made them – is closing out 2014 with a bang! To celebrate the 30th anniversary of English duo Tears For Fears’ second album, “Songs From The Big Chair,” we invited the band to famed LA studio The Village to perform some of their biggest hits and tell us the stories behind them. Heck, we even invited 50 or so die-hard TFF fans to witness it all.
“Spotify Landmark: Tears For Fears’ ‘Songs From The Big Chair’” is the first Landmark to feature full-song performances in both audio and video, and it’s a great way to rediscover such hits as “Everybody Wants To Rule The World,” “Head Over Heels,” “Shout” and many more – even a surprise cover. Watch and listen to the whole thing here!
On Monday we revealed how you can now choose the music when you ride with Uber.
Tomorrow, fans in Sydney have the chance to be picked up and driven around by Ricki-Lee. Yes, you read that right!
Get your first ride free (up to 10) at www.uber.com/spotify
So how do you take part?
- Open up the Uber app at 14.30 on Friday November 21st.
- Link your Spotify account.
- Request the special car.
- If you’re lucky, get ready for the ride of your life!
Want to get a jump on the action? Connect your Spotify account to Uber right now.
We already bring you the right music for every moment on your computer, your mobile, your tablet and your home entertainment system. And now BMW and MINI are bringing Spotify into their cars, delivering the perfect music for every journey.
Starting today, Spotify users on iOS can enjoy a seamless music experience while driving a BMW or MINI. Features include:
• Access your own music and playlists or use features like Radio and Browse to find the perfect music for every mood and moment
• Enjoy an intuitive viewing experience on the car’s high-resolution Control Display
• Comfortable and safe to use with the iDrive Controller
• Spotify Premium subscribers can enjoy extra high quality on-demand music (320kbps) that sounds great on the car’s audio system – as well as ad-free and offline listening.
Simply connect your iOS device with Spotify installed and logged in, then select Spotify from your Multimedia menu . It’s all effortlessly controlled using the high-resolution display and BMW or MINI controller. Enjoy your ride!
Spotify will work on all BMW cars equipped with the BMW Apps feature as part of ConnectDrive as well as on MINI’s equipped with MINI Connected Apps.