We’re excited today to announce our first preview release of Spotify for BlackBerry. As our sixth mobile app, BlackBerry comes packed with great features to keep you listening to your favourite music wherever you are.
Features included in this release are:
- Million of songs available instantly on your BlackBerry.
- Offline playlists – listen to music with no mobile connection and avoid using your data allowance
- Create and sync playlists
- Star your favourite tracks
- Search tracks, artists, album
- Browse “What’s new” and “Top tracks”
- Scrobble tracks to Last.fm
- Receive music from friends via the inbox
As with all Spotify Mobile apps, a Premium subscription is required in order to stream songs from our catalogue.
We’ve tested our app on the following devices: 9780 Bold, 9700 Bold, 9300 Curve, 9000 Bold, 8520 Curve. Currently the app only supports phones running on GSM networks. CDMA-network phones and Torch 9800 are not currently compatible.
The app is available now as a preview for those of you who want to give it an early try and as soon as we have a final, fully tested version we’ll release it to the App World. Enjoy!