Today we have an update for our popular Android app available. Just head over to the Android Market or m.spotify.com with you phone and you can download the latest update.
Changes included in this update are:
- Ability to choose storage location on devices with more than one memory card.
- Changes to user interface.
- Reduced startup time.
- Improved battery life when using Spotify.
- Volume control now always controls media volume, even if music is not playing.
- Support for media buttons and audio focus APIs introduced in Froyo.
- Much improved music syncing over WiFi.
- Voice search now works properly when in Spotify.
- Scrobbling issues have been fixed.
- Bug causing missing cover art for local files has been fixed.
- Failing to sync with locked screen has been fixed.
- Music starting by itself after a phone call has been fixed.
- Many other stability and performance improvements.
Newkid is Alexander Ferrer, from the Swedish west coast town of Uddevalla and with roots in Phillippines. He provides us with high-class RnB in Swedish at it’s best. We’ve gotten to know him through the mix tape “Newkid On The Block” and support act gigs to stars such as Ryan Leslie and Bobby Valentino, and he is predicted to be Sweden’s next star.
His first single “Turbulens“s already a big radio hit in Sweden, and today the rest of debut album “Alexander JR Ferrer” is available on Spotify.
London’s The Leisure Society release their sophomore album, Into The Murky Water, on May 2nd. Starting today, Spotify Premium subscribers can listen to an exclusive 6-track sampler of the album before it’s release.
We’re also running a competition where users can win a pair of tickets to the Leisure Society gig in London and a signed LP. All you have to do is to subscribe to this playlist: Nick’s Compilation Of Good Vibrations and ‘Like’ the Leisure Society Facebook page.