Music for life. Football for life. Everything you need to soundtrack the beautiful game.
This game is so much more than a sport. Hoping to share our passion for football with our equally-obsessed users, we at Spotify have put together www.spotifylovesfootball.com, a site dedicated to the inseparable relationship between music and the game. We have favorite tracks selected by football superstars like Wayne Rooney, Neymar, Kaká and David Luiz, as well as music superstars like Avicii, Shakira, Jennifer López or the Brazilian legend, Gilberto Gil -among many others.
We have playlists to help you through moments of anguish, drunken partying, or simply out-of-control, madcap joy. And we have travel tips, music primers, a regularly updated feature section, and playlists for all 32 teams, with songs chosen by you to represent your country in our Spotify Playlist Cup.
So bring on the national pride, the delirious screaming and the compulsive nail biting. Put on your favorite tracks and follow us all the way to the final. We’ve got a bad case of football fever.
Let the games begin.
First Aid Kit will release their new album Stay Gold on June 9th, but you can listen to it on Spotify now. If you’re one of three who have listened the most you can win tickets to their concert on June 18th in Stockholm. The prize includes travel and accommodation.
Go HERE to join the competition.
Sommer. Det er på tide.
Nå går vi inn i den lyseste årstiden, og derfor vil vi gi dere et strålende tilbud til nye abonnenter: tre måneder med Spotify Premium for prisen av én. Registrer deg for dette begrensede tilbudet på spotify.com/summer – det er tilgjengelig fram til 15. juni.
Med dette tilbudet kan du nyte musikk uten reklame hele sommersesongen, uansett om du er i bakgården eller på stranden. Her har du noen sommerlåter som setter stemningen.
Uansett hva du har planlagt i sommer, kan du bli en av ti millioner Spotify-abonnenter i dag med dette fantastiske tilbudet – bare 99 kr for de neste tre månedene.
Benytt deg av tilbudet i dag, og få en super musikksommer! (Nye abonnenter, registrer deg før 15. juni for å få denne spesialprisen.)
We are thrilled to announce that as of today, Spotify is available to everyone in Brazil. Your friends in Brazil can now join the 40 million people around the world who are enjoying a new way of listening to music.
Spotify is now available in 57 markets worldwide! That means it is easier than ever to share music with your friends around the world, as well as discover more global music than ever.
Know someone in Brazil? Send them a song today!
We’ve become aware of some unauthorized access to our systems and internal company data and we wanted to let you know the steps we’re taking in response. As soon as we were aware of this issue we immediately launched an investigation. Information security and data protection are of great importance to us at Spotify and that is why I’m posting today.
Our evidence shows that only one Spotify user’s data has been accessed and this did not include any password, financial or payment information. We have contacted this one individual. Based on our findings, we are not aware of any increased risk to users as a result of this incident.
We take these matters very seriously and as a general precaution will be asking certain Spotify users to re-enter their username and password to log in over the coming days.
As an extra safety step, we are going to guide Android app users to upgrade over the next few days. If Spotify prompts you for an upgrade, please follow the instructions. As always, Spotify does not recommend installing Android applications from anywhere other than Google Play or Amazon Appstore. At this time there is no action recommended for iOS and Windows Phone users.
Please note that offline playlists will have to be re-downloaded in the new version. We apologise for any inconvenience this causes, but hope you understand that this is a necessary precaution to safeguard the quality of our service and protect our users.
We have taken steps to strengthen our security systems in general and help protect you and your data – and we will continue to do so. We will be taking further actions in the coming days to increase security for our users.
Please click here to read more.
Oskar Stål, CTO, Spotify
How creative can you be in 15 seconds? Make an Instagram video for Kim Ceasrion’s new track “Trade Ya” taken from his coming debut album Undressed. Listen to the music, film what you feel and post on Instagram, using the hashtag #Xperia_MakeTheVid, before June 13th.
The winner gets the mission of actualizing their idea and create a music video for the song, with a little help from de award-winning mobile phone – Sony Xperia Z2.
Follow Kim Cesarion on Spotify get an update when the single is released!
Download this package of parts of the song:
Follow Kim on Instagram:
All entries must be submitted before June 13th. A jury, consisting of Kim Cesarion and representatives from Nöjesguiden, Sony Mobile and Sony Music, selects the entries that go to the final stage. These videos will be posted at nojesguiden.se, where everyone can vote for their favorite. The video that gets the most votes before the contest has ended (30 June) will receive an Xperia Z2 and a production budget of up to 30 000 sek for producing the music video for Cesarion’s track Trade Ya.
Having more than 20 million songs instantly at your fingertips is a DJ’s dream come true.
Our friends at Algoriddim today announce a major update to djay for iPhone and iPad, the world’s best selling DJ app with over 10 million users on iOS. This new version lets all our Premium subscribers mix millions of tracks using their iPhone and iPad, as well as hook up their professional DJ hardware to a massive library of music – being a DJ has never been easier or more fun!
Not only can Spotify Premium subscribers DJ millions of songs, but they’ll also enjoy real-time, intelligent suggestions on what to play next, powered by The Echo Nest’s analysis of all the music on Spotify
Some of the features include:
- Your music: Spotify integration in djay 2 includes all of your existing playlists, starred tracks and Inbox (to receive real-time song requests), powerful search capabilities, top lists, browse (by genres, moods, DJs). You can seamlessly switch between Spotify and their existing local library, as well as mix tracks from both of these sources.
- Match: Finding the next track to mix has always been one of the biggest challenges for DJs, and it doesn’t get easier when you’ve got millions of tracks to choose from. Match, powered by Spotify’s recent acquisition The Echo Nest, provides unprecedented track recommendations based on danceability, BPM, key, music style, and how well the song mixes with the currently playing track.
- Hardware Integration: djay 2 supports a wide range of professional DJ gear allowing users to mix tracks from the cloud using tactile knobs, buttons and jog wheels. Algoriddim’s djay 2 app is powered by exclusive hardware from Pioneer, Numark, Vestax, Reloop, Philips, Casio, and Griffin.
- Social Sharing: djay 2 allows users to share their set lists as Spotify playlists via SMS, Email, Facebook, and Twitter, so the rest of the world can listen to the tracks instantly or recreate a great set.
djay 2 for iPhone and iPad with Spotify integration is available now as a free update to all existing users of djay 2. During this launch week, you can get djay 2 for iPhone as a free download and get a 50% discount on djay 2 for iPad.
A Spotify Premium subscription is required to access the Spotify music catalog. Not a Premium subscriber yet? A seven day free trial of Spotify Premium is available for all djay 2 users.
Today we are thrilled to announce a special milestone – we now have 10 million paying subscribers and more than 40 million active users across 56 markets! Wow — we’re incredibly grateful to the thousands of artists and millions of music fans around the world who have helped us reach this point. To celebrate, we thought we’d put together a fun infographic for you!
What a trip! Thank you for building, growing, and listening with us.
Introducing Discover and Browse to Windows Phone
Enjoy old favourites or discover new ones with Discover
Find great playlists for every mood, genre and moment with Browse
Spotify Radio arrives to Windows Phone
Today we’re introducing a new update to our Windows Phone users. The update brings features Discover and Browse, meaning it’s easier than ever to discover new favourites, as well as finding the perfect playlist for every mood and moment.
- Introducing Browse: Going for a jog or to the gym? We’ve got the playlist to help you go the extra mile. Hosting a dinner or getting ready for a big night out? We’ve got you covered. We even have playlists for different moods, so regardless of whether you need an upbeat boost or something more relaxing to wind down to – we’ve got just the thing. You can also browse through a collection of our top lists and check out new releases.
- Introducing Discover: Don’t know what to listen to next? That’s okay. We do. Spotify’s Discover page seeks out personalised recommendations by seamlessly combining Spotify’s best-in-class technology and social tools with curated content from music experts including Pitchfork, Songkick, Tunigo, and much, much more.
We’re also introducing the much sought after Radio feature, where you can create your own stations or just choose one and go with the flow. And the user interface has been streamlined, so browsing and discovering music looks better than ever.
Download the updated Spotify from the Windows Phone Store today. A Spotify Premium subscription is required and there’s a Free 30 day-trial you can sign up for by clicking here.
Please check availability in your local Store.