Today we’re launching the best-looking Spotify ever. Introducing a new darker theme, refreshed typography and rounded iconography, playing your favourite music has never looked so good. We’re not only improving our looks though. We know how much you love playlists, but that you’ve been looking for more ways of managing your music. So today we’re introducing Your Music: helping you save, organise and browse your favourite music the way you want to. All in one place, and across all platforms. Building your personal music collection just got a lot easier.
- Content is king. Our new design makes accessing your favourite music smoother than ever before. The new dark theme and refined interface lets the content come forward and ‘pop’, just like in a cinema when you dim the lights.
- It’s Your Music collection. Save albums and browse their beautiful cover art, gather your favourite artists and create playlists for every mood and moment. Found a song or album that you like? Just hit save to add it to your collection. It’s that simple.
- We know you’ll love it. We’ve listened to all your great feedback to ensure that everything looks and feels just right. You told us you preferred a darker interface – so here it is.
We’re also improving our Browse feature, delivering even more relevant and localised content. So regardless of whether you’re looking for something to fall asleep to, or the perfect playlist to get you geared up for your big night out, finding the right music for every moment is easier than ever. Our new design, Your Music and the updated Browse will roll out gradually to our iPhone, desktop and web users from today, and will soon be available across all platforms. Welcome to the dark side.
Exciting news everyone! Today, we’re joining forces with pioneering music company, The Echo Nest.
The incredible team at The Echo Nest has been on a mission, just like us, to make music listening better for everyone. Together, we’ll be able to improve music discovery by bringing you amazing people to follow, better radio stations, and great playlists from friends and music experts.
Over time, The Echo Nest technology will enhance every aspect of the Spotify music experience.
So here’s to new friends!
For more info, read here.
You asked and we listened! Today we rolled out a highly requested feature from our users, repeat one . That’s right — you can now listen to that favourite song over and over and over again.
Clicking on repeat now toggles between “no-repeat”, “repeat-all” and “repeat-one.”
We’ve rolled it to 100% users, available right now on Desktop 0.9.7+. Android and iOS will be supported in upcoming releases – watch this space!
DJing is great fun and full of creative possibilities, but often means having to buy expensive gear and be limited to only local files. Our friends at Pacemaker have launched today an iPad app where you can mix your own mp3 tracks with more than 20 million tracks from our catalogue.
Pacemaker for iPad is completely free. You also have the option to upgrade and buy effects, filters and extended functionality in the Pacemaker In-App Store.
You need a Premium subscription to use the app. If you are not a subscriber Pacemaker for iPad comes with a Spotify Premium trial so that you can start mixing right away.
Download Pacemaker from the Appstore.
We’ve teamed up with music recommendation experts, Last.fm, to bring on-demand playback to their popular site. Yes, you read that right — you can now play our entire catalogue on Last.fm using your Spotify account.
Starting today. Last.fm ‘s users, spanning over 50 countries, will now be able to listen to the entire Spotify music catalog on-demand, including individual tracks, full albums, playlists and Spotify recommendations. It’s never been easier to get access to both the music that you know and love, and all of the music we know you’ll love.
To use the new integration, Last.fm users can either sign-up for a Spotify membership or sync their Last.fm profile with their existing free or premium Spotify account. They’ll then be able to:
- Browse Last.fm’s database of 60M+ artists and 700M tracks with streamable tracks from Spotify highlighted with a play button
- Simply press play to launch the Spotify player
- Load all tracks on a Last.fm page as a Spotify playlist with play control through Last.fm
Try it out now!
Want to know more? Get the lowdown on this exciting partnership here!
Another innovation from our friends at Yamaha! They’re the latest hardware brand to take up Spotify Connect. They’re providing new firmware that will work with Spotify Connect, giving you a better way to enjoy music at home.
What is Spotify Connect? Simply put, it’s a way to play Spotify tunes wirelessly through your sound systems, using the Spotify mobile app as a remote.
Yamaha are integrating Connect into RX-Vx75 / RX-Ax30 network AV receivers. For more details, visit http://smarturl.it/yamahaconnect
Spotify Connect is a Premium feature. Like to test-drive a Premium account? Get a 30-day free trial.
We’re excited to announce that, from today, any artist can now list their merchandise within Spotify, for free!
In partnership with Topspin, artists will be able to display t-shirts, vinyl, posters, bundles and other merchandise to all of you.
There are zero fees or commissions from Spotify or Topspin and artists don’t need to change how they sell merchandise.
We’re really excited that all our music-loving users can now see merchandise and concerts whilse listening to your favorite artists, and that we, in turn, can provide additional revenue opportunities for artists of all sizes.
If you are an artist and want to sell your merchandise on Spotify click here to see the information on how to get started.
In case you missed the news, you can now get Spotify on your mobile or tablet, absolutely free. Find the right music and shuffle play it on any iOS or Android device.
But what about listening to music on your computer – with no time restrictions?
In the past, we had to restrict your listening time to some hours a month once a 6-month unlimited grace period had passed. But now, if you haven’t noticed, there’s no more time limit if you are using Spotify for free. We have removed these caps completely across all platforms – you can listen to your favourite songs as many times as you like, for as long as you want.
That’s right, no more time limits.
Music makes you happy – why limit your happiness? #FreeYourMusic
We love making new friends. So we’re very excited to introduce you to our brand new hardware partner, Teufel.
Their award-winning iTeufel Air Blue wireless speakers now have Spotify Connect built in. So you can fill your home with incredible sound, and control it all from your mobile phone.
Get a look at them here.
You can now get Spotify on your mobile or tablet, absolutely free. Find the right music and shuffle play it on any iOS or Android device. Available to all today – Spotify’s new free mobile experience lets you shuffle play:
- Your music: Listen to all the playlists you’ve created and playlists from the people you follow. Spotify lets you discover new music, save, shuffle and share.
- Your favourite artists: Want to listen to a certain artist? Just hit shuffle play, sit back and listen to their entire catalogue. Don’t settle for something similar. Don’t settle for just one track from the artist you want to hear every 20 minutes.
- Discover great new playlists: Going for a jog or to the gym? We’ve got the playlist to help you go the extra mile. We know you just want the perfect music for a specific moment in time – and we’ve got you covered. There’s something for every mood, genre or moment.
Sound good? Get Spotify on your mobile.