Spotify partnered with Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Australia in an exciting bid to bring music to the forefront at last week’s Fashion Week.
Music has inspired and influenced fashion throughout the decades, and continues to inspire and influence trends, designers, collaborations, and fashion on and off the catwalk.
Some of Australia’s most high profile fashion designers curated exclusive Spotify playlists with the music that inspired and was inspired by the collections they showed on the runway this season…
- Ellery: featuring ESG, Arcade Fire, Little Dragon & Blood Orange
- We Are Handsome: featuring Outasight, The Osmonds, Scorpio Loon & Masters In France
- Bec & Bridge: featuring The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Al Green, The Rolling Stones & Joy Division
- Emma Mulholland: featuring New Order, INXS, Madonna & Eddy Grant
- Ginger & Smart: featuring Kid A, Koreless, Gang Colours & Tuesday Born
- Desert Designs: featuring Dreems, Young Magic, MidnightJuggernauts & Nico
- N.L.P: featuring Suzanne Kraft, Retiree & Thomas Barfod
- Serpent & The Swan: featuring Swans, Nine Inch Nails, Savages & Sarah Blasko
Also, in a Fashion Week first, Spotify powered the music that accompanied the shows’ live streams for those at home tuning in to the runway action. Throughout the streams, suggested designer playlists and tracks were surfaced via the official MBFWA profile.